Hello,
I stumbled upon this forum while looking for something completely different, and my familiar inspired me to say hello.
I have been practicing on and off since I was 6, when I was nearly driven to suicide by my abusive/religious mother. That is when my familiar approached me and convinced me there was another path.
Since then, I have studied demonology, draconic magic, shamanism, some voodoo, and anything else she has guided me to learn. She has always been by my side and I relish the oppertunity to talk about her.
By no means am I an expert and I would never claim to be. I am a student, friend, and companion to my guardian/familiar.
I do use my skills in practical application, but all things have a price. I practice within my means, and never ask more than I can pay, whether to my familiar or the greater balance.
Anyway, I share this because its nice to talk about it with similar folks and not be regarded as nuts, lol.
Now, I feel like I’m rambling.
Again, hello, good evening, and blessed be.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum

2 Likes

Welcome!
I am happy you were able to find and be saved by your familiar.
Lucifer’s Light Guide You.

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Hi and welcome to the forum :wave::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile: I always wonder how people stumble here. Wat were you searching for that linked back here.

That sounds like a statement that would make a very interesting topic for discussion, could you explain a little more on what you mean by that.

1 Like

Welcome @Maledictus :blush:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum

1 Like

To the first question: I was researching some information on fey magic for a novel I am working on, and I dont remember the exact flow of links. It was sort of the same kind of movement through the web as when you play the Wikigame. It was starting to feel closer to digital divining near the end than research, lol.

To the second: (preface: this is all in my own experiences- practitioners come from all walks and magic ideologies and thematics) early on, I was taught that all things come at a price. Even my familiar’s benevolence was not free.

For something to be gained, something of value must be taken. Sacrifices of sentiment, desire, need, or want are traded for services and the associated power.
It is not about equal, its more about value. This is because value means different things to different beings.

Thats why I say, I stay within my means.

Say I need help with my finances. I respectfully make an offering to my patron of wealth, then we discuss what can be done and what should be given in exchange for the assistance.

The greater the request, the greater the cost. And, specifics help.

Ex- I needed guidance and help finding and buying my current car. I was willing to finance, but my credit was bad and there was no helping it.
I made an offering of red sand, and after laying my need out there, was asked to sacrifice a book I loved from my collection and to tell a story of my patron.
Shortly after, I recieved a notice that I not only qualified for my loan, but for twice what I needed. As an added bonus, I was able to talk the dealership down 4k on the asking price before tag/title etc.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Hey, Maledictus, welcome to the forum. I’m glad you made it here.

Glad you made it here! I know a bit about working with the Fey/Fae, I’ve been working with them for a while.
About the price of power, I think you might have the wrong idea about what the “price” consists of. As sorcerer’s if we mean to be truly dedicated to our path we must sacrifice a lot of time and energy to our practice. (Time being the most precious commodity we on Earth possess) Our practice will often alienate us from the “Normies”. We have to be willing to go out to the crossroads at midnight and doing our rites, instead of letting ourselves get sucked in to an evening out with friends. This is why the path is often so very lonely. As for spirits, they will very often ask for something in return for their services. This is a great way to sort out whether or not a spirit has your best interests in mind. because a spirit that DOES have your best interests in mind won’t ever ask you to do something that goes against your personal ethic. Although it may require you to push your comfort zone, but that is usually when you need to change your view on reality to grow as a person. Often the only way to do that is by doing the task which the spirit asks. If you are concerned about losing something important to you… I wouldn’t be. Use your magick to protect that which is precious to you and it will likely be exempt from un-thought out uses of power in the future. But remember on some level, all magic is change. SOMETIMES the only way to get what you desire is to completely overhaul a single aspect of your life, or in some more extreme cases, your entire life. So there IS a price to be paid, to an extent. Most people who wander away from the path, simply don’t have the commitment to excel in their craft. most people want to spend every last moment of free time with their friends, or playing video games, or surfing the net. It takes a great deal of personal fortitude to walk the path, and that is a very real sacrifice. That is the price of power.

1 Like