New member - Ludovicus

Hello everyone,

You can call me Ludovicus, I’m 39 and was raised as a Roman Catholic, which by itself is already a rather “sorcerous” religion, if you know where and how to search… Then I started studying the Occult Arts in 1993, when I had a first contact with Qabalah, Astrology and Numerology, and later deepened my studies in religions, mythologies, as well as the “dark side” of all of them.

I was most of the time a solitary practitioner, with an exception in 2004-2005 when I worked with a private group of friends. At this time I practice Catholic Folk Magic based on Iberian Cyprianic tradition(s), even though I don’t consider myself a “religious” person in the traditional sense of the word. However, I do believe that religious “tools” (physical, like medals, or not physical, like prayers) can greatly enhance one’s Work, if you know how to “interpret” them the way you need, and not the way they are “supposed” to be interpreted. Religious language can be highly symbolical – only the weak of mind sees historical “facts” in allegories and metaphors that are filled with an extremely powerful symbolism.

Looking forward to exchange some knowledge and experiences.

My best regards to All,

Ludovicus

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome :blush:

Where do you come from?

1 Like

Hi! Thank you. I live in Portugal. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Tell us about this if you would like to! Welcome to the forum :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

It’s not an easy subject because there isn’t just one “current” in Cyprianic tradition(s), and even the various Iberian editions of the Book of Saint Cyprian are completely different between them. I tend to take something from the various different editions of the Book and the various world “currents” of this Tradition and work my own way. In the Iberian Peninsula, Saint Cyprian is almost always, one way or another, connected to “treasure hunting”, as well as a kind of “alchemical” contact between Light and Darkness. He’s the Church’s best friend of the Devil, so to speak. You can read about this in ConjureMan Ali’s booklet called “Saint Cyprian: Saint of Necromancers”, or Nicholaj Frisvold’s “St. Cyprian and the Sorcerous Transmutation”. However, I would greatly recommend you José Leitão’s translation of the Portuguese Book of Saint Cyprian, as well as his short but brilliant (and frequently underestimated) “The Immaterial Book of Saint Cyprian”. It’s very, very interesting.

2 Likes

Thank you very much :smiley: Very nice explanation.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ludovicus, nice to have you here :wave:t5:

2 Likes

That sounds really cool! :sunglasses:

1 Like