New member introduction

Hi,

I’m not really sure what to write, but my basic info is I’m female and live in the UK.
I have two altars, one for my beloved ancestors and spirits and another to honour and give thanks to The Moon, (with whom I’ve been blessed by using planetary magic and like to continue to show gratitude and make offerings to)

I have a little experience with baneful magic (it was thoroughly deserved, I wouldn’t do anything like that unless i felt it was fully justified) which included a ritual from Gordon Winterfields “Angels of wrath”, sour jar spells etc.

I have some animal skulls and spines I found and cleaned up that I would like to use to explore necromancy with (human skulls are so expensive but I would love one eventually) but I have no experience in necromancy yet, just the desire to.

Ive recently moved house and would like to make a separate altar to honour the Goddess Ishtar and another for Asteroth as I feel a strong connection to both deities.

I would like to learn more about Anglo Saxon paganism/ folk magic as I’m English and would like to build strong roots and know my ancestors more.

Thank you for reading :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome @Lizbats

So what, exactly, do you practice? You mentioned planetary magick, and ancestor worship, but it’s not clear what your actual practice is.

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

And how long have you been pracitcing?

Thank you

Ive practised ancestor worship for two years and planetary magic for just over a year. I’ve also been trying to form a relationship with Ishtar for the past year or so (never asking for anything, just making irregular offerings) as I’ve been drawn to her for about 8 years. I’m going to make her regular offerings and offer an altar for her so that I can hopefully know her better.

I recently made the decision to practice demonolatry but have no real experience in it yet, just trying to build a relationship with a particular deity (Asteroth) before attempting to begin any actual workings.

I am interested in lots of areas of the occult/ spirituality and have been researching for about 14 years, but I only have a little experience actually practicing. Keen to learn and practice more though!

I use my tarot cards for divination occasionally, if it’s regarding something important, but I’m not at the stage where I’ve memorised the meanings yet, I still have to refer to the book/ internet for a lot of the cards, especially the minor arcana. I use them sparingly but they always seem to be on point.

I haven’t strictly been Into/ worked in just one system or practice but I think traditional witchcraft would cover most of it and appeals a lot to me.

2 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

welcome!

1 Like

Hello there @Lizbats, welcome to the forum. :wave:t5: Glad to have you here.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like