New banishing ritual of the pentagram

So I was looking around for information on how to modify the LBRP(I was going to create a hybrid between the LBRP, and the GOODS banishing ritual but my divination said it was a bad Idea). then I came across this…

[url=http://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp.htm]http://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp.htm[/url]

interesting thing to note:
"3. The Invocation of the Archangels

After the circle is constructed, the magician extends his arms in the form of a tau cross and invokes the Archangels of the Elements in the four directions. The tau cross is a symbol of the four Elements bonded and separated by Spirit. It is also a reaffirmation of the element of Spirit that is invoked through the Qabalistic Cross. It is with the authority of Spirit that the magician invokes the Archangels.

What is the purpose of invoking the Archangels? Some believe that they are the guardians of the circle, evoked outside to protect it. Yet the circle is already well-protected at this point in the ritual with banishing pentagrams and vibrated god-names. The real purpose of the invocation is to fill the Elemental void that has been created inside the circle after banishing the four Elements in the Construction of the Circle.

The Elemental Archangels represent the highest, most spiritualized qualities of the Elements. When the Archangels are invoked into the circle, the Elemental void is filled with spiritualized Elemental energy that serves to purify, balance, and energize the magician. As he invokes each Archangelic energy the magician should be able to feel it manifest in the appropriate quarter. This idea is vividly expressed by Israel Regardie in The Middle Pillar:

“The technique… is to imagine that the emanation from the archangel penetrates and cleanses the personality. That is to say, in the east from behind the archangel Raphael should be felt a gentle wind or breeze, which, permeating the entire body, blows from it every trace of impurity. From Michael in the south, warmth at first of gentle degree should be felt, increasing in intensity to a powerful heat that burns and utterly consumes every blemish which troubled the personality. This purging should be felt as consecrating one to the service of the higher self. The same technique should be applied to Gabriel in the west, except that one is purified with water, while in the north one is invested with the stability and fertility of Auriel, archangel of the earth.”6

Remember that the magician, who is standing in the form of a tau cross, represents Spirit, the fifth Element which balances and binds the other four."

that means that as long as the rest of the ritual remains intact, you can switch out the four archangels with other entities, such as the 4 demonic gatekeepers, the 4 elemental kings, etc. based on the purpose of the working you are about to do. I’m going to experiment with this ritual quite a bit.

1 Like

I did a similar ritual quite literally in my armchair (pun intended) using Jason Miller’s elemental pillar exercise.

After the exercise I called the spirits of the four elements into me.

It was a strange feeling.

I was sweating from the fire,felt the flow of water,the lightness of air,and the heavy density of earth all at the same time.

For a few minutes I could do nothing else but bask in the euphoric feeling

I had no thoughts,worries or fear.Just being.

I then instructed the elementals on what I wanted them to do for mymind body and soul.

I just did this earlier today but already seeing the effects.

[quote=“Icarus, post:1, topic:2966”]So I was looking around for information on how to modify the LBRP(I was going to create a hybrid between the LBRP, and the GOODS banishing ritual but my divination said it was a bad Idea). then I came across this…

[url=http://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp.htm]http://hermetic.com/osiris/nbrp.htm[/url]

interesting thing to note:
"3. The Invocation of the Archangels

After the circle is constructed, the magician extends his arms in the form of a tau cross and invokes the Archangels of the Elements in the four directions. The tau cross is a symbol of the four Elements bonded and separated by Spirit. It is also a reaffirmation of the element of Spirit that is invoked through the Qabalistic Cross. It is with the authority of Spirit that the magician invokes the Archangels.

What is the purpose of invoking the Archangels? Some believe that they are the guardians of the circle, evoked outside to protect it. Yet the circle is already well-protected at this point in the ritual with banishing pentagrams and vibrated god-names. The real purpose of the invocation is to fill the Elemental void that has been created inside the circle after banishing the four Elements in the Construction of the Circle.

The Elemental Archangels represent the highest, most spiritualized qualities of the Elements. When the Archangels are invoked into the circle, the Elemental void is filled with spiritualized Elemental energy that serves to purify, balance, and energize the magician. As he invokes each Archangelic energy the magician should be able to feel it manifest in the appropriate quarter. This idea is vividly expressed by Israel Regardie in The Middle Pillar:

“The technique… is to imagine that the emanation from the archangel penetrates and cleanses the personality. That is to say, in the east from behind the archangel Raphael should be felt a gentle wind or breeze, which, permeating the entire body, blows from it every trace of impurity. From Michael in the south, warmth at first of gentle degree should be felt, increasing in intensity to a powerful heat that burns and utterly consumes every blemish which troubled the personality. This purging should be felt as consecrating one to the service of the higher self. The same technique should be applied to Gabriel in the west, except that one is purified with water, while in the north one is invested with the stability and fertility of Auriel, archangel of the earth.”6

Remember that the magician, who is standing in the form of a tau cross, represents Spirit, the fifth Element which balances and binds the other four."

that means that as long as the rest of the ritual remains intact, you can switch out the four archangels with other entities, such as the 4 demonic gatekeepers, the 4 elemental kings, etc. based on the purpose of the working you are about to do. I’m going to experiment with this ritual quite a bit.[/quote]

Could you tell me how to make the tau cross? How’s it different from standing with arms open wide?

G