Net neutrality is in Danger in the US

And if this was Twitter, we would never had seen that comment from you. Because you disagreed. (Or agreed in this instance)

Again, this is why I praise BALG. Everybody here is open minded to hear what you say, and if they disagree with you about something. You are not labelled as anything like “uhm, hubi derp. This guy is racist xenophobic. Transphobic, Analicticphobic squidtoddler”.

1 Like

Welp, net neutrality has been voted to be revoked for the US.

Not yet it still has to go through the house where it has been shot down a few times already

So, there’s still hope.

There is always hope my friend

Hope sucks

3 Likes

Interesting things to consider in this video.:thinking:

1 Like

Lets say Competitor X is also an occult forum like BALG. Competitor X pays google or other ISP more money to display and power up their loading and bandwidth. We here on BALG would have slower loading time and posting large content and videos would suddenly be limited. Meanwhile members on Competition X would be all smiles because of their smooth running website and first in line on search engines when someone type in occult forums.

Net Neutrally prevents this from happening. NN let BALG and all other occult forum load and operated without any willful regulation from these ISP. Now with the rollback, all that is out the window and the ISP favors the highest bidders. Some even argue this can stymie, “FREE” free speech and those with contrary political views that the other side can “PAY” big bucks to silence.

Here is a link on ABC News that kinda explains it.

1 Like

That already happens though, ISPs in England block certain sites by default, and the saga of the Daily Stormer was mentioned in filings about NN. :thinking:

I think throttling is prohibited, still, but today being the biggest day of the year, if not my life, am not really inclined to research it right now… :smiley:

Got to add, I did leave it with Xa-Turing and co., not giving up… just busy. :wink:

1 Like

sucks when ppl in power work against the ppl. But this needs to be cleared on 2 more instances still to be valid right so its not lost yet.