Needing advice on mojo bag creation and any other experienced advice on hoodoo

So I’ve recently become fascinated with the concept of mojo bags and other forms of root work.It’s something I really want to jump in and learn.
I’ve had a few minor successes with candle majick and even made a mojo bag/talisman for attracting money and every once in awhile I would find a few bucks just laying on the ground but never anything more than $10.

If anyone could give me some advice on how to go about root work the right way I would appreciate it.
I’m probably gonna look into some books about it but most books I’ve seen just give you the ingredients but not proper instruction on how to work with the system. Plus I have a SHIT TON of reading to do so I would really like to hear from you guys about this before I delve too deep into it.

Thanks in advance!

MK

There’s no one right. There are general guidelines or even more specific rules, but it’s a pretty diverse practice.

Have you been already on luckymojo site?
And there are many blogs of root workers on the web with many many inspirational posts inside.

I haven’t checked that site out.
I got a few herbs and oils from 13moons but haven’t had any success with them yet.
I know that a mojo bag is somewhat like a thoughtform or egregore but I don’t know the methods of creating the spirit.

Do I just push power and intent into it like any other working or is it just literally mixing in someingredients and maybe reciting some oration?

[quote=“dellamage, post:3, topic:3247”]Have you been already on luckymojo site?
And there are many blogs of root workers on the web with many many inspirational posts inside.[/quote]

I’d like to add to this:
Not just the site; if you dig there is a course you can take that will teach you how to be a root doctor, if you are really interested. There is a forum, that is free as well I believe… Plenty of free spells. It’s a HUGE site. Hoodoo is not a religion, it’s just a magickal practice, one I’ve been using along side Witchcraft for years, it works.

I don’t want to break any rules here. I joined this site, so I missed all the drama, and being new to the forum thing I’m already trying to learn my way around and don’t want to mess up in my first week :slight_smile:
But, beings I’m new, I also don’t want to get kicked off this site. So, as long as I’m not breaking any rules I’m happy to help with any subject I’m able. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Look at Lucky Mojo it is the basically the internet authority for hoodoo. Plenty of free info and spells on there to get you started.

The only downside to LM is their shipping time as as they make all their products on site and it’s not premade prepackaged stuff. It takes about a month to get your orders from them but I love their products and use a good bit of them myself.

The correspondence course has a lot of required purchases and they expect you to make them over a period of time. If you just buy all of it at once you’ll get told to wait a while before taking the course. There is an interview process to get accepted for the course and its pass/fail. You don’t just get a certificate for spending some money. Ms. Cat only does 2 interviews a week so expect a wait to get scheduled for one of you choose to go this route. I’m trying to be enrolled by June or July.

1 Like

If I order something like a book or few oils I’ll get it at a decent time. When I place large orders or get blends made it takes forever. I’m not complaining as I know they have to make it and its good stuff. My last order came in yesterday actually and it was a couple books and some herb/root packs and it took a few days shy of 4 weeks to get it.

Okay, I’m not breaking any rules here so I’ll add more… :slight_smile:

TWF is correct, you have to order the products, so many per month for “exactly” four months, there is a list telling you exactly what you need to buy though, so it’s easy, though over time she keeps adding to the list, just an FYI. After that you can request entry into the course, after a phone interview which is pretty simple, she does most of the talking, (hour and a half interview) but she does ask you a few questions, and it’s very important you answer these correctly if you want into her course. Books do not take long to ship, --oils, powders and incense takes about a month as TWF stated, unless you order a large shipment it can take longer as they make them per order so it’s fresh. I have had orders take almost two months to fill in the past… You can order her stuff from other’s I’ve heard, but I’ve never done it. Anyone that wants advice on getting into her class via the interview process I’d be happy to help. The course is meant to take one year. But, you are free to finish it sooner. I finished it in three months. She prefers you send everything in at once: “all eight assignments” Which are extremely easy. Unless you are afraid of a graveyard lol I don’t see that being a problem from anyone on this site… But, during the interview apparently it’s a big issue, and if you are afraid of graveyards (Assignment 8 I think) your chances of taking the course go down, as well as homework assignment #2, being the other big topic that you have to answer correctly. Oh, you also have to order several books, and if and only if you get accepted into the course can you order her course book, which is a very nice hardbound book with your student ID number and her name. It’s a great course.

The products are wonderful. They system is great. A lot of things EA talks about are helpful having a Hoodoo Background, so adding it to your list of knowledge seems beneficial. She is very picky about who she accepts, again, anyone wanting help let me know…
9Shadows

2 Likes

I wouldn’t rely on buying everything from Lucky mojo. Make stuff yourself. Grow your own herbs, wild craft the rest. I’ve found it to be a lot more effective.
Lucky mojo has really nice stuff. But the shipping irritates me. It’s always better to but in bulk from that website because buying just one seven dollar ends up costing $17.
The majority of the books and tarot stuff can also be found on Amazon for cheaper. Just saying, you guys.

But information wise, it’s pretty good.

[quote=“Euoi, post:9, topic:3247”]I wouldn’t rely on buying everything from Lucky mojo. Make stuff yourself. Grow your own herbs, wild craft the rest. I’ve found it to be a lot more effective.
Lucky mojo has really nice stuff. But the shipping irritates me. It’s always better to but in bulk from that website because buying just one seven dollar ends up costing $17.
The majority of the books and tarot stuff can also be found on Amazon for cheaper. Just saying, you guys.

But information wise, it’s pretty good.[/quote]

Agreed

The only way it makes sense to really buy from them is bulk or if you plan to take the course (which I do). What I can’t/won’t wildcraft or grow myself I usually buy from botanicas which are much closer and the ship time is only a few days. Knowing the herbs and roots really builds a connection to what your doing and isn’t too labor intensive. The books are the same price a LM you can just get cheaper shipping elsewhere. My orders from them are usually within the $100-$200 range so I always buy bulk and make the shipping count.

I prefer their oils over anyone else’s and making your own is cool but not cost effective especially when you can buy the 4oz blends and have some bad ass combinations made.

1 Like

First if you want to take her course you have no choice but to buy the books from her… If you buy from Amazon you’ll end up with two copies or you will not be accepted.

Like you TWF, I buy in bulk! Usually ranging around $200 and it lasts a long time!
Of course, after you take her course, you won’t need to buy in bulk anymore if you don’t want to, as one of the lessons teaches you how to make your own oils, which is pretty darn cool.

Growing your own herbs is great, if your into that or have time for it. If not, sometimes having a second place is nice. I’m lucky, I have an occult shop near by, so I can get my herbs from there, and make my own oils. But, again, for now if you want to take the course you have to buy her stuff from her site, not another site. Down to even a $4 or $6.00 dollar flannel bag that would cost $50 cents to make yourself. It’s all in how bad you want to take the course. Once you do, you are free to buy whatever you want from whomever you want, or as Euoi suggested, and which i agree with, making your own oils.

The best part about the course is getting a certificate, honestly you can learn everything for free on her site, so unless you want to be a root doctor the course is not needed. Apparently, like you TWF, I wanted the certificate, I jumped the hoops needed, and I don’t regret it…

I don’t like growing my own herbs, and you might feel that way about oils.
Her oils do rock! To each there own :slight_smile:
9Shadows

1 Like

Yeah, the plan is to do this on a semi professional basis or full time if the opportunity presents itself.

Thanks for the references guys.
I checked out the site and was going to order some black arts oil until I saw the shipping cost for one bottle was $10.
Kinda turned me off to shopping any further.
I’ll just do some experimenting and see what works.

Lucky mojo is goid,and 2 capitalsta.try papa jims books,or papa jims.com.his books are honest,straight,and cheap books,mix of mexican,hoido.cuban.my were stolen.but i knw tey are some on his website,from him.

I’ll check it out bro thanks.

Does anybody have any straight up advice on general hoodoo spellcasting?

There is all forum in luckymojo regarding hoodoo spellcasting, divided on using oils,p and other products, and anothers section divided on type of casting, like love, cursing, new job, healing, money etc.

If you read the FREE book that’s part of her site she explains a lot of spells.

[quote=“Musta_Krackish, post:15, topic:3247”]I’ll check it out bro thanks.

Does anybody have any straight up advice on general hoodoo spellcasting?[/quote]

I’ve practiced hoodoo for 10+ years now (yikes, I’m old!) and it’s pretty much like any system I suppose. Do the work and forget it. I’ve found that it’s fairly adaptable to whatever you personally believe. Some people use psalms, etc. but I never felt comfortable with that and rarely used them (I used them when I did cleansing work on myself because my dickhole ex decided to curse me and it worked like a charm). I still had plenty of success from everything to break up work to success at school. The love results have been hit and miss but that’s just my own weakness. Many people petition saints but again, that just didn’t work for me. Mainly because I was coming from the wrong place mentally and saints weren’t about to achieve some selfish goals.

I’ll second what others have said and say that Lucky Mojo is a great site. I’ve probably ordered thousands of dollars worth of stuff from them and it’s all quality stuff. No synthetic/fake smelling oils containing crap instead of real herbs or pieces of chalk passed off as bones. If you buy from them, you can trust you’re getting the real deal. The owner of LM does have one book that I’d recommend - Hoodoo Herb and Root Magic: A Materia Magica of African-American Conjure. It’s fairly cheap and has oodles of information and easy herb/root magic.

My advice however is to not take Lucky Mojo as gospel and check out other blogs/sites by other hoodoo practitioners. I limited myself to LM for the longest time and ended up at a dead end so to speak which eventually lead me to EA’s teachings. I suggest not doing what I did and check out the Yahoo! groups that have the old Hyatt spells (which are almost always practical and effective) and at least two or three good old fashioned hoodoo blogs out there with plenty of tips and tricks. A lot of the people who write those blogs are LM graduates but they put their own spin on hoodoo which I love. If you’d like a few links, PM me and I’ll send them as I still have them saved.

1 Like

Got my interview for the LM course scheduled, have to wait until mid-June for the interview.

Congrats bro!
Good luck and I’m sure you’ll do great!