Need some Advice

Hi Folks, I have a Question for quite sometime and i was not able to Completely answer it by Myself, So having the Opinion of Other People would be great

Here’s the Question :
Can Black Energy(Color) can be used for other Purpose then Destruction?
I have a strong Occult Background that taught me that Black mean Death, destruction, Illness etc…
But as a Practicing Vampire Magician i found myself Using Black Energy many times in my Working, Be it when i Create a Shadow Form to Feed at Night or when i Meditate on the Darkness.

I have done many Experimentation by Myself and i Believe that the Color Black can be Used for many Other Purpose then Destruction,

But i have a Hard time deprogramming myself from the Belief that Black is Negative and shouldn’t be Used to Do things like '‘Healing etc…’'
I have Fear that If i use Black in my Aura for Instance i could get Sick. Even if on a Conscious Level i am pretty sure that When used properly there is no Danger for me

The Reason why i believe Black can be used for most Purpose is that the Color Black can be the complete Absorbtion of Light and since the Light(Color White contain all the Color) The Color Black can be used for any Purpose.

Also i would like to had that For the Egyptian the Color Black had a Postive Meaning, it was the Color associated with Fertility(Life and Continuation of Life) and also With Anubis the God of the Underworld.

I Believe that Having the Opinion of Other on this Subject will greatly Help me

Thanks!

When kids in grade school still associated red with blood and anger, I was that kid that consistently reminded them that it was also the color of passion and bravery.

Likewise with black, I see it also as protection, strength.

Thank you for replying to my Post Ashtkerr! Really appreciated!

Yes it can. black energy can be a powerful raw creative force, the goddess Kali-Ma fpr example is shown as having black skin and she’s also a protecting spirit for those who turn to her, think of it more like petroleum, and raw bundled power, than absent or negative. The night sky’s black, and because of that we’re able to see distant stars, whereas the blazing light of day - sunlight, through water vapour and air - closes down our horizons and blinds us to the full glory of the cosmos.

It can.

As you note, black is a “colour” created due to maximum absorption of light (the perfect absorber being called a “black body”), whereas white is a reflector of light, not an absorber.

The nature of other colours we consider due to the light they reflect (i.e. something red is reflecting photons in the red spectrum). This makes black rather peculiar compared to the others. So you can simply do a little role reversal in intent, i.e. instead of white healing - black absorbs the illness.

That said, I sincerely doubt anyone can convince you on a deeper level about the colour, since you already have logical reasons and still are not convinced on a deeper level. Our deeper selves don’t quite play that way. Without that deeper level acceptance you are possibly playing with fire and introducing extra variables to screw things up.

You of course can change those viewpoints on a deeper level and avoid that…but it seems like extra effort for no reward. Sometimes it is easier to just recognize where you are and work within that. For something like this I see no harm in having that “issue” with the colour black. It would allow you to effectively use it for the purpose you currently believe it can serve and then use other colours for something else. It is no harder to imagine white light than black light. White candles are far cheaper and more readily available than black etc. Save yourself the hassle of struggling against yourself when it’s not necessary. That’s my unasked for advice on this concern, anyway.

Thanks for all those who have take their time to answer my Post, its really Appreciated, Reading your Comment and View Point was very Helpful for me.

I have still a little bit of Work to do to change completely my Perception about Black but i Believe i’m on the Right way to succeded!

Thanks!

[quote=“Rawiri, post:5, topic:7883”]It can.

As you note, black is a “colour” created due to maximum absorption of light (the perfect absorber being called a “black body”), whereas white is a reflector of light, not an absorber.

The nature of other colours we consider due to the light they reflect (i.e. something red is reflecting photons in the red spectrum). This makes black rather peculiar compared to the others. So you can simply do a little role reversal in intent, i.e. instead of white healing - black absorbs the illness.

That said, I sincerely doubt anyone can convince you on a deeper level about the colour, since you already have logical reasons and still are not convinced on a deeper level. Our deeper selves don’t quite play that way. Without that deeper level acceptance you are possibly playing with fire and introducing extra variables to screw things up.

You of course can change those viewpoints on a deeper level and avoid that…but it seems like extra effort for no reward. Sometimes it is easier to just recognize where you are and work within that. For something like this I see no harm in having that “issue” with the colour black. It would allow you to effectively use it for the purpose you currently believe it can serve and then use other colours for something else. It is no harder to imagine white light than black light. White candles are far cheaper and more readily available than black etc. Save yourself the hassle of struggling against yourself when it’s not necessary. That’s my unasked for advice on this concern, anyway.[/quote]

I Understand what you mean, But i Believe the Reward that i will get in Changing my Perception about Black is Worth the Effort.

also, the Black is the colour of the PRIMA MATERIA

is it not?

(we may argue that it is really colourless, but then again, it appears black.

it so far beyond our perception that we see it only as black. but there are infinite shades of black.

it is the color of infinite mystery

but let me try to explain one thing here

the Black IS the colour of Destruction. and only of destruction.
(all other explanations are aimed ad easing the anxiety about destruction)

but it is human way of viewing things that destruction gets bad rep.

you don’t destroy the thing. you only destroy your connection with the thing, or your way of viewing the thing. it doesn’t have anything to do with the pure thing you’re trying to destroy.

so, by destruction, you reveal the Truth.

by attuning into the Darkness, one deconstructs Self, until no-thing remains.

Black definitely has more meanings than just destruction.

I would suggest you contact Nyx, as she can teach you about night magic, which is really just the intersection of a variety of disciplines of black magic that has a heavily nocturnal motif, but also shows how to tap into a strong yin-based energy, which is heavily dominating in nature. This is a strange thing, as yin is effeminate and is supposed to be passive. But the night certainly has a passive side to it, since while it does dominate, it helps you play a slow game.

Definitely worth looking into passive yin energy and see how that ties into black and destruction.

You should also cast an eye to the patterns of light and dark, yin and yang, and examine notions of duality, philosophically and practically as well.

You can also learn to associate black with nothingness, with the void. Instead of associating it to a thing on its own, see the black as representing no thing. And once you do that, you will realize that nothingness is the easiest thing to fill. When ANYTHING comes into contact with nothing, the nothing absorbs it and becomes it, so you can use it vampirically.

Ontologically speaking, is nothingness a thing on its own? Is lack of anything something?

Thanks Arcane !

i am merely try to convey the unexplainable.

in Pure Darkness, All is Known.

it is only a matter of Destroying All Else, without hope to retain something.

Only then, the true multiplicity of Self speaks in a language no one knows, but all hear.

Black is not a colour. Colour is a creation of light. Black is the absence of light. It is the void that sucks light.
It is not destruction, it is creation. The mother that gave birth to us. That’s why its so powerful. If you see it in that way, you will embrace it.

you do all realize that you are trying to cognize the term which transcends all perception?

all that can be said about Darkness is both true and false.

i have not experienced grater Fear, but in Darkness.

also, there is no greater Love, but in Darkness.

no greater anxiety and confusion - but in Darkness.

no greater peace and quiet - but in Darkness.

all lies stem from Darkness, but the truth itself, is the Darkness.

and on top of that, it is redicilous to debate about the Black being a color or not. many say it’s not a color. some say it’s a meta-color.
i say that it’s that which we can not percieve (because of our eye’s visual settings)

it is really both sad and beautiful how limited humans are in their perception. so arrogant to make the conclusion that Darkness “is” anything.

also, the word “destruction” can not really be grasped in dayside consciousness. one must touch the depths of draconian mind to understand what destruction really means.

the same goes for many words people are debating on forums, in conversations… they all have opinions.

but by trying to build a bridge from the Truth into the dayside human consciousness in order to articulate the fact, you loose your freedom and bind to the Karma of Men.

soon, i will quit posting, sharing knowledge… maybe even talking. it’s very exhausting to speak the truth constantly.

[quote=“bahamuthat, post:13, topic:7883”]you do all realize that you are trying to cognize the term which transcends all perception?

all that can be said about Darkness is both true and false.

i have not experienced grater Fear, but in Darkness.

also, there is no greater Love, but in Darkness.

no greater anxiety and confusion - but in Darkness.

no greater peace and quiet - but in Darkness.

all lies stem from Darkness, but the truth itself, is the Darkness.

and on top of that, it is redicilous to debate about the Black being a color or not. many say it’s not a color. some say it’s a meta-color.
i say that it’s that which we can not percieve (because of our eye’s visual settings)

it is really both sad and beautiful how limited humans are in their perception. so arrogant to make the conclusion that Darkness “is” anything.

also, the word “destruction” can not really be grasped in dayside consciousness. one must touch the depths of draconian mind to understand what destruction really means.

the same goes for many words people are debating on forums, in conversations… they all have opinions.

but by trying to build a bridge from the Truth into the dayside human consciousness in order to articulate the fact, you loose your freedom and bind to the Karma of Men.

soon, i will quit posting, sharing knowledge… maybe even talking. it’s very exhausting to speak the truth constantly.[/quote]

I was not creating a Debate but seeking Advice and Help from Other Magician,
And I Believe most People that have answered this Thread have similar Opinion about Darkness.

You say that its Exhausting to speak the ‘‘truth’’ i Believe that what is really exhaustive is to try to Force our Subjective Perception of Reality or of the ‘‘Truth’’ on Others.

yes, this was exactly what is exhausting.

but remember that existing is subjective, and that all are one, which makes everyone’s experience the same.

it is the head-system which inverts and distorts the truth.

i will repeat this:
we all, as much as we would like to think about ourselves as individuals, have the same experience. (it is different in form, but same in essence)

i have not found a single person which would agree to this. all seem to oppose.

but it is only a question of time when postmodern thought evolves enough.

One day, we will all share the same consciousness, knowingly, and lovingly.

until that day comes, trust only Darkness, our Great Mother.

HAILZ!

Light is reflected or emanated.

It relies upon the Other to be perceived

Black is that which reflects nothing, emanates nothing.

Therefore, it seems to me that if the All, outside which nothing CAN exist (to emanate or reflect its glory) had a colour as a symbol - it would be black.

I’ve kind of seen it, the Manifold/Singular/Void, that thingy - as, actually, not so much black as a complete absence of the dynamism, the array, the stretch-across-dimensions, the fundemantal polarity and splitting that defines all things to do with Light.

(Plus, black’s very slimming on the old figure, which is always good! :D)

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:16, topic:7883”]Light is reflected or emanated.

It relies upon the Other to be perceived

Black is that which reflects nothing, emanates nothing.

Therefore, it seems to me that if the All, outside which nothing CAN exist (to emanate or reflect its glory) had a colour as a symbol - it would be black.

I’ve kind of seen it, the Manifold/Singular/Void, that thingy - as, actually, not so much black as a complete absence of the dynamism, the array, the stretch-across-dimensions, the fundemantal polarity and splitting that defines all things to do with Light.

(Plus, black’s very slimming on the old figure, which is always good! :D)[/quote]

I’ve had a vision like that before, when I tried to figure out the colors of light and dark, the former was white and the latter was grey, but they mixed together and created black, the singular point of existence, or Divinity.

There is No Thing.

So, it neither radiates light to “Some Thing” that can see it, nor reflects light off of “Things” to other “Things”… lol!!