Need help with seeing and/or sensing spirits

I have been practicing evocation, divination, and a bit of soul travel for about two years now, and I have done a pact with a spirit for 90 days in order to help open my astral vision, yet I have had very little success with seeing or sensing anything from the spirit world, and when I do, it’s normally just for a split second, or seemingly non-existant. This has impeded greatly upon my personal workings, and I am finding it very hard to set aside my own doubts as a result of this.

Does anyone have any exercises to allow me to see or at least sense the presance of spirits? I am in desperate need for assistance in this area of my development, and am in need of some advice. All advice will be appreciated.

OH wow. as a christian Priest Theologian 40 years and having my life be a grand central station of spirit travel from just sayin hi to pinned to the cieling having the shit slapped outta me- your struggling for attainment brings all kinds of things in my head.
#1- DO NOT BE DESPARATE ! Your being so actually (in my experiance) has the opposite result. The primary energy waves in that a “Fear” =“it is not happening, why won’t it happen, why are they there, are they there, are they not here because they are not there…” and on and on, I call it KFUK radio. Work to create an empty void, not waiting and not expecting- there is a reason why the Ancients called the “Subtle bodies” and as “Nature hates a void- They will, once the void is create- rush in to fill it”.

Also, you seem to be suffering from the effects of something I never understood how it crept into a ‘system’ called ‘Christianity’- everything you are so desparate to have
are the very foundational primaries of what the purpose of the “religion was built upon”, the rending of the veils and not a rare treat of visitation, but continual Co-Communion. I would often meet ‘christians’ who would comfortably call themselves thus, and frankly proudly state a total absence of events and usually they would hear from me- ‘you just can’t have one without the other’; which is where I began learning there is a big difference between “professing” a belief, and what I believe has far more value of “Experiancing IT”. They are vastly differant.
So having said this I would advise, rather than jumping out of the plane and waiting for the chute to deploy; you have some unfun (sort of) Preparatory work to do. kinda like folding your own chute- once you have done the preparatory work, when you are ready to jump- the chute deploying and your wonderful experiance will not be an issue in your mind- just the awesome view.
i would not doubt your Christianity- whatever breed it is, has installed some unwanted if even unknown items which I would bet act as literal deterents to what you wish to experiance. So, I would urge you to asap, obtain Christopher Hyatts works on “Undoing yourself”, then read and work until not only you look in the mirror as well as your Introspective mirror and say “Who the hell are you ???!!!” Amazon has them for a good price- i think there is a part one and 2- and if you can afford anything else of his titles which may strike your bell, get it, if you work them like you are dying of thirst ('cuz in my opinion you are or you would not have landed here to ask you question), I would not be surprised you actually begin to sence feel experiance and see before you actually throw down the floor cloth and yell through the veils. He also has another book, which is a free pdf online- or if you can find it i can send you one, “Pact with the Devil”- before you hold up your cross and hiss- seriously do not judge this book by its cover- and i will leave the rest of the surprise there.
Anyone on this list here knows I am still a wet Padwan learner- But short of having Lucifer Belial Ba’al Enki-EA and who knows who else playing taffy pull with me throughout my life to prep me for where I am now- I somehow ended up lucky compared to some- but still find the work i described every it the daily brushing of my teeth spiritually and mentally.
once you do find the veils tearing themselves for you- you might feel abit silly giggle factor when you realise just how damn thin they were, just how unbelievably close everything was that you sought after— and thats a good thing.
Finally- the part where I find most xtians I talk to reacted like a thousand demonic claws screeching down the infernal blackboard. Yeah, maybe you wear a skin suit which wears out. But you must Reject the hideous concept of “The Fall of Humanity” That skin suit is absolutely Stretched over a Real, every bit qualified GOD. Deity, Co-Equal and Co-Eternal, and that clever set of chains xtians are so happy to accept- is #4 of what David Alan Coe would call “The 3 biggest lies”. "there was no Fall- “Behold, Humanity Has Become As One Of Us” present and inferred future tense- repeated in Psalms (82 if i remember correctly), and in the NT by the jesus guy- who could not have been any more clear “Have I not said and it is written in your Law I said, Ye ARE Gods…” and the little g argument crumbles in the light of the Gnostic writings and way too many to deal with here. So you are not at all Fallen, and the Gods, your family, are more than happy to party with you- you just gotta clean out some rubbish abit so they will feel as comfortable you you want them to feel invited.

You are totally equipted, you just gotta learn how to use the equipment- and likely find a shitload of it too, but that is what makes it all sooo drunkly fun!!!

best of luck to you.!

FDM

[quote=“ChristianOccultist, post:1, topic:7203”]I have been practicing evocation, divination, and a bit of soul travel for about two years now, and I have done a pact with a spirit for 90 days in order to help open my astral vision, yet I have had very little success with seeing or sensing anything from the spirit world, and when I do, it’s normally just for a split second, or seemingly non-existant. This has impeded greatly upon my personal workings, and I am finding it very hard to set aside my own doubts as a result of this.

Does anyone have any exercises to allow me to see or at least sense the presance of spirits? I am in desperate need for assistance in this area of my development, and am in need of some advice. All advice will be appreciated.[/quote]

2 Likes

^ Brilliant advice, 'nuff said. :slight_smile:

^ Brilliant advice, 'nuff said. :)[/quote]

I 2nd that. Alot of practical magic is based on results not phenomenon. Your will being done is the ultimate manifestation! The Sacred Magic of Abramelin advises the conjurer to not demand to often that the spirits appear as it is a delicate and easily foibled operation, but to be satisfied that they do work on your behalf.

Even though your screen name is “Christian Occultist” and I am decidedly anti-christian, I may be willing to respond to this after you have more than two posts. The question at that point will be, how much do you really desire to see?

I was thinking the same thing.

and I would add, WHO, WHAT and Why ? If you intend on a larger broader more practicable useful future and progress- then you got a good opening of the door, but if it is for 'ooh wow ! “curiosity” , shits and giggles titilation, they may well give you lots to see; dangling it like a carrot on a stick to land you in a tar pit of regret.And Most likely, not from ‘evil demons’- but the YHVH forces what i call "The Dark side of Enki-EA’s forces, totally dig handing you a gold coin in one hand and the plague in the other. Doing the Right thing for the Wrong reason- can lead [in my experiance] to far worse things than the Wrong thing for the Right reasons. Hence the Value of Hyatts works, if you do them, and do not find seriously ugly shit you will not wanna throw overboard
ASAP, including holding a mirror up to yourself and seeing the worst of duplicitous bastards- The one who lies to himself and swallows the bs down whole.
On the other hand- if you realise this is one tiny door leading to hundreds of others on an Eternal Journey of sincere intent, you have great times ahead.
Not all Gods are beautiful inside and out, not all demons are ugly outside and in; not all gods care at all about your happiness and eternal well-being, not all demons want to fuk you up and will do unbelievable things in your behalf to secure your godhood and protect you, even from yourself.
but these are things you should already be grinding on in your mind.

[quote=“ChristianOccultist, post:1, topic:7203”]I have been practicing evocation, divination, and a bit of soul travel for about two years now, and I have done a pact with a spirit for 90 days in order to help open my astral vision, yet I have had very little success with seeing or sensing anything from the spirit world, and when I do, it’s normally just for a split second, or seemingly non-existant. This has impeded greatly upon my personal workings, and I am finding it very hard to set aside my own doubts as a result of this.

Does anyone have any exercises to allow me to see or at least sense the presance of spirits? I am in desperate need for assistance in this area of my development, and am in need of some advice. All advice will be appreciated.[/quote]

Everything here in this thread is way too wordy. Heres what yoy do. It requires alot of meditation. Forget about religion; that doesnt matter.

Draw a Hexagram withbthe Seal of the spirit in the center and do your own ritual toncall upon it. Do your Q and A ir whatever. Then ask it permission to bless you with its essence and that essence into your energy field.

Note: those whom work years with spirits and are able to see and do all sorts of things with them have alot of their essence as a part of them. So basically you have to find a compatible spirit and then form a Sympathetic Bond with it. That is it. So do alot of evokations and invokations and become familiar with a spirit with the Soul Intent to form a Strong Bond. This will enhance everything, so choose the right spirit

[quote=“Biosynth, post:8, topic:7203”]Draw a Hexagram withbthe Seal of the spirit in the center and do your own ritual toncall upon it. Do your Q and A ir whatever. Then ask it permission to bless you with its essence and that essence into your energy field.

Note: those whom work years with spirits and are able to see and do all sorts of things with them have alot of their essence as a part of them. So basically you have to find a compatible spirit and then form a Sympathetic Bond with it. That is it. So do alot of evokations and invokations and become familiar with a spirit with the Soul Intent to form a Strong Bond. This will enhance everything, so choose the right spirit[/quote]

How do you find out which spirit is best suited for you?

excellant question!!! I always expected I would be working with Abigor first- he came to me to’be friends’ as it were, and I was a holy xtian who did not take well to folks south of the tracks. Then Belial came to me- I ended working with him, figuring I would go to Abigor next-nope- he has really moved down the que. i am supposed to work with all the crossroads demons first- and betting will have others folks, and Abigor may be years away-[hope not though].
I would say- who has contacted you? work with them first- then I would not be surprised as you work with them you will see others lining for you.
i wanted Azazel next after Belial- but things have 'required me to be really mental and emotional flexible- because I am now working with Lucifer for the next how long? Sure am glad about it. then there is Odin- I know he is 'Expecting me, and I don’t wanna keep him waiting, luckily time is not something they pay alot of attn to.

[quote="Yass, post:9, topic:7203"][quote="Biosynth, post:8, topic:7203"]Draw a Hexagram withbthe Seal of the spirit in the center and do your own ritual toncall upon it.  Do your Q and A ir whatever.  Then ask it permission to bless you with its essence and that essence into your energy field.

Note: those whom work years with spirits and are able to see and do all sorts of things with them have alot of their essence as a part of them.  So basically you have to find a compatible spirit and then form a Sympathetic Bond with it.  That is it.  So do alot of evokations and invokations and become familiar with a spirit with the Soul Intent to form a Strong Bond.  This will enhance everything, so choose the right spirit[/quote]

How do you find out which spirit is best suited for you?[/quote]

Woah… I left this post for too long. Sorry for being gone so long. First of all, thank you all for the advice, however I would like to clear something up:

Little Info:
In response to Iam Incide, and others who think my affiliation Christian, I want to apologize for something: My name on the BALG forum comes from the email account I used to sign up for the forum, and it was created a long time ago, when I was a full-on christian, and as I have since moved on from Christianity, going into gnostic, eclectic paganism, as well as high magic, I apologize for the confusion. I know longer believe in the concepts of dualism, the ‘fall of man’, etc.

What I really desire to do with this is to be able to scry into the astral plane, as a start.

[quote=“Biosynth, post:8, topic:7203”][quote=“ChristianOccultist, post:1, topic:7203”]I have been practicing evocation, divination, and a bit of soul travel for about two years now, and I have done a pact with a spirit for 90 days in order to help open my astral vision, yet I have had very little success with seeing or sensing anything from the spirit world, and when I do, it’s normally just for a split second, or seemingly non-existant. This has impeded greatly upon my personal workings, and I am finding it very hard to set aside my own doubts as a result of this.

Everything here in this thread is way too wordy. Heres what yoy do. It requires alot of meditation. Forget about religion; that doesnt matter.

Draw a Hexagram withbthe Seal of the spirit in the center and do your own ritual toncall upon it. Do your Q and A ir whatever. Then ask it permission to bless you with its essence and that essence into your energy field.

Note: those whom work years with spirits and are able to see and do all sorts of things with them have alot of their essence as a part of them. So basically you have to find a compatible spirit and then form a Sympathetic Bond with it. That is it. So do alot of evokations and invokations and become familiar with a spirit with the Soul Intent to form a Strong Bond. This will enhance everything, so choose the right spirit[/quote]

Very good advice… I will definetely be putting it into practice.

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:10, topic:7203”]excellant question!!! I always expected I would be working with Abigor first- he came to me to’be friends’ as it were, and I was a holy xtian who did not take well to folks south of the tracks. Then Belial came to me- I ended working with him, figuring I would go to Abigor next-nope- he has really moved down the que. i am supposed to work with all the crossroads demons first- and betting will have others folks, and Abigor may be years away-[hope not though].
I would say- who has contacted you? work with them first- then I would not be surprised as you work with them you will see others lining for you.
i wanted Azazel next after Belial- but things have 'required me to be really mental and emotional flexible- because I am now working with Lucifer for the next how long? Sure am glad about it. then there is Odin- I know he is 'Expecting me, and I don’t wanna keep him waiting, luckily time is not something they pay alot of attn to.

[quote="Yass, post:9, topic:7203"][quote="Biosynth, post:8, topic:7203"]Draw a Hexagram withbthe Seal of the spirit in the center and do your own ritual toncall upon it.  Do your Q and A ir whatever.  Then ask it permission to bless you with its essence and that essence into your energy field.

Note: those whom work years with spirits and are able to see and do all sorts of things with them have alot of their essence as a part of them.  So basically you have to find a compatible spirit and then form a Sympathetic Bond with it.  That is it.  So do alot of evokations and invokations and become familiar with a spirit with the Soul Intent to form a Strong Bond.  This will enhance everything, so choose the right spirit[/quote]

How do you find out which spirit is best suited for you?[/quote][/quote]

Well, I have myself encountered some spirits (and identified them with the help of a medium), however most have been either hostile, or unwilling to work with me. Would a meditation help give me clearer insight into finding a good spirit?

Thank you all for the tips and advice.

Hmmm, you know it only takes like 5 mins. to create a new email account on Yahoo right? Seems like if you really were putting your Christian days behind you, you’d at least want to pick a new name, especially for forum that is more black magick and LHP oriented. Why hang onto a name that represents your old ways of belief?

A constant reminder of things of the past that you supposedly got rid of. And your username here does not have to match your email so your reasoning for keeping the Christian part in your username (it was my old email address) seems illogical and silly.

Well, I have myself encountered some spirits (and identified them with the help of a medium), however most have been either hostile, or unwilling to work with me.

Are you sure are no longer a Christian? Are you still hanging onto the Christians concepts of spirits, magick and demons in your mind? Because I know a handful of spirits that don’t like to work with X-tians or anyone that has too many pre-conceived opinions of them that were based on previous religious beliefs, and some of them will mess with you, hostility and even showing themselves to you in ways that will scare you away because they don’t want to work with people like that.

Who are you trying to summon anyway?

And if you really are into Christian magick you don’t have to lie about it for fear of rejection. We have some members here that are openly Christian and magicians at the same time, one of them even goes to church and openly admits it. Not saying that everyone here will agree with that, but we do have an RHP section where those members hang out mostly.

Hmmm, you know it only takes like 5 mins. to create a new email account on Yahoo right? Seems like if you really were putting your Christian days behind you, you’d at least want to pick a new name, especially for forum that is more black magick and LHP oriented. Why hang onto a name that represents your old ways of belief?

A constant reminder of things of the past that you supposedly got rid of. And your username here does not have to match your email so your reasoning for keeping the Christian part in your username (it was my old email address) seems illogical and silly.[/quote]

Forgive me, I should’ve worded that better; I made both my email and this account while I was still Christian. I didn’t think much of it at the time, with it being just a name, but judging by the amount of confusion, maybe its’ better for me to make a new account… oh well.

As for the spirits that I said were hostile towards me; I was responding to Frater Dark Matter who asked me who had contacted me- I inferred he was asking me which spirits had come to me on their own accord, as this has happened to me several times in the past.

My former religious opinions on spirits died off a while after I found out a lot of the demons in the ARS Goetia were actually former Gods and Goddesses (Like Astaroth being Astarte). Since then, I have worked with Demons, Angels, and Elemental Spirits. All of which have given me successes.

As for them acting hostile, I’m actually quite confused; while it has not happened frequently, a handful of the spirits that have come to me act as if they have a major grudge against me. One even claimed I made a pact with him and I had refused to uphold it- resulting in him trying to possess my friend who was with me at the time. I had never worked with this spirit beforehand.

Go for it! - it might save future confusion, just set a new account up and then post on this thread saying it’s you.

We usually block duplicate accounts, but this is a special case and not done to scam or spam us. :slight_smile:

Go for it! - it might save future confusion, just set a new account up and then post on this thread saying it’s you.

We usually block duplicate accounts, but this is a special case and not done to scam or spam us. :)[/quote]

Thank you. I will get to it as soon as I have the chance.

We usually block duplicate accounts, but this is a special case and not done to scam or spam us. :)[/quote]

Done and done. Thanks, Lady Eva.

All right, now that this issue is out of the way, does anyone have any suggestions on entering the living imagination? While I have the basic outline down, I want to find some more ways to make it more concrete, so I can experiment with a variety of methods.

All is good. Just remember this above all. The best way to supercede dualism is to remember and use Both Hands- all those who wish to operate godhood find themselves perfectly ambidextrous. both feet on any path is better than one dedicated one hopping alone. imo.
Balance will always prosper.

Thank you. I will get to it as soon as I have the chance.[/quote]

[quote=“Frater Dark Matter, post:17, topic:7203”]All is good. Just remember this above all. The best way to supercede dualism is to remember and use Both Hands- all those who wish to operate godhood find themselves perfectly ambidextrous. both feet on any path is better than one dedicated one hopping alone. imo.
Balance will always prosper.

Thank you. I will get to it as soon as I have the chance.[/quote][/quote]

True words, my friend. True words. Thanks. :slight_smile:

Terra, I sent you a PM with a method I use, hope it helps somewhat. :slight_smile: