Need help with pentagram excersise

so I started doing the exercise on EA Koettings evocation course. It was the exercise on where you draw a large pentagram and you stare until the lines dissapear, and I got to the part were the lines started dissapearing and appearing on the surface but I did not see them 3 dimensionally or floating in the air, nor did I feel any ecstasy. this was my first time doing it. and I have tried to make the same with the sigils but no success with sigil. can someone help?

Try this:

It’s a skill like other, the idea is to enter a deep trance state where the line between the conscious and unconscious mind intermingle. Like any new skill it will take some time and effort to can where it is can be triggered at will.

1 Like

so I was able to see the lines appear and reappear on the pentagram, I did not feel no ecstasy tho. but no success on the opening sigils, do sigils have to be drawn on thick black marker? I cut a 3 to 4 inch piece of square and drew the sigil quite large, any tips?
thanks

Why are you focused on this? When EA talks about ecstasy, he is not referring to any sort of bliss, but losing yourself in trance.

2 Likes

oh I actually thought you would feel like some type of physical ecstasy or some euphoria, dropping into trance is like when you are solely focused on one object and the world around you kind of dissapears, right?

No. At least, I don’t feel any sort of euphoria, and I haven’t read any hypnotist that has ever described their subjects as experiencing such either when they are taken into deep trance.

What you should feel is a loss of equilibrium, and a sensation of falling.

ooohhhh, I see maybe I didnt feel that because I got up like 3 times mid meditation and I didnt last too long

It takes practice. The initial signs of trance can be very subtle and easily overlooked.

Your overthinking it.
So long as you can focus on it it’s fine.
Most practices have ya focusing at least 5 minutes for various meditations like this. More is always better usually up 45 minutes to an hour but if you are just starting your gonna find out real fast how much background chatter goes on in your skull without you realizing it when ya go to quite to focus.

1 Like

what is he purpose of this exercise? I know you are opening yourself up to a lot of power but what does it actually benefit me for?

If you mean lbrp and its invocation counterparts it would be a simpler question to ask what benefits it doesn’t have if you utilize it regularly.

There have been quite a few posts here that go into depth about. A search through the forum should bring them up.