Need help on where to start

Hey there!
I’m new in Magick, I’ve bought Koetting’s book “Become A Living God”, and after reading it, I became fascinated, and I decided to read more information in the forum.

I am now still filled with excitement to try something out, but I find myself not trying anything, due to the fact that I am overwhelmed by the number of things there is to try.

I don’t know if I should first start by developing clairaudience and clairvoyance, I don’t know if I should start by casting some simple candle spells, I don’t know if I should start by trying to learn how to perform evocations or try soul travel…

Must say however, that what I like the most is soul travel, but again I do not know if there is something I should work on (talking about abilities) before trying…

I think you get my point, so how should I start?
Also, out of curiosity, what is a good way to develop clairvoyance and clairaudience?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Learn to meditate. A clear mind and the ability to focus is a prerequisite for any magick.

Learn trancework. An altered state of consciousness is also a prerequisite for most magick, particularly spirit work.

Candle spells and Chaos style sigils are a good place to start for practical magick, while developing the skills necessary for more advanced stuff like evocation.

3 Likes

After I learn those things, and try candle spells and chaos magick sigils, what should I go for next?
When will I be ready to try soul travel?

Don’t get ahead of yourself. You can’t learn to run before you have even learned to crawl. Development takes time, and properly preparing yourself will pay off in the long term.

You can always jump right in to soul travel and evocation if you want to, but your chances of success will be a lot less if you don’t take the time to learn the preliminary steps.

I recommend the BALG soul travel course if that will be your main focus. EA includes preliminary exercises, like meditation and mind clearing, to prepare the student.

I also recommend you learn a banishing ritual, if you are going to skip the preliminaries. It will come in handy.

3 Likes

In one of his video, V.K. Jehannum says you don’t need to be in a trance to see or communicate with spirits. The fact you’re telling yourself you need TGS creates a blocage in your mind. All you have to do is persuade yourself you don’t need to be in an altered state.

Here is the video if you wanna watch it

https://youtu.be/33N_-I1D1Gg

1 Like

I don’t put a lot of stock in what VK says so… :man_shrugging:

Altered states of consciousness have been required in magick for thousands of years, and just because one dude on the internet says it isn’t needed doesn’t make it so. I think a lot of the time VK says things just to be contrary.

But to each their own. I gave the advice that in my opinion will help the OP be the most successful.

7 Likes

Alright!
Thanks for your advice, I will put it to good use :smiley:

1 Like

I pretty much agree with @DarkestKnight on this one. I would also add that getting to the habit of journaling your experiences is a good one. Keep it to your experience as opposed to lists of correspondences, as it will allow you to notice themes in your work that might need to be paid attention to and observe your own progress.

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

thank you! :smiley:

1 Like

I also gotta add to this to this topic - I got into magick because I wanted something really bad and couldn’t get it no matter how hard I tried. I just kept making a mess and sabotaging myself. I knew there were ways to tilt the scales and I have always been inclined towards the supernatural and the occult. So, here I am.

I did get what/ who I wanted but have moved on. The process, however, has become vital for me.

Let your desires and your drive guide you.

1 Like