Need help identifying skull

So I went for a walk in the forrest today and tried to listen to my intuition ad much as possible to let what i like to call “forrest/tree spirits” guide me on my walk and kind of show me the way.
It worked out pretty well and besides a quartz stone, a few feet away, i found this skull
15485281592697842334565653529781|243x500
while i tried to figure out what it was, my first thought was either a buzzard or a falcon, because we have alot of them around here.
and as i walked back, i saw a relatively big bird flying and it landed on the tree that this skull was laying under.
now that i’m writing this i think it’d possible that it could be an eagle aswell, but i don’t know enough about birds, or animals in general to say for certain ehat this could be.
If anyone out there does any amount of work with bones or has some understanding of how to identify the animal that the bone belongs to i would greatly appreciate any insights you can provide.

2 Likes

sorry about that😅
here’s the skull

1 Like

Looks like a pelvis not a skull, deer perhaps.

2 Likes

hm…i was so caught up in it being a skull because of the shape that i didn’t even think about it being something else, but now that you mention it, it does look alot like a pelvis…and deer are pretty common around here too
i forgot to mention though that when i found it, there were a few other bones around it that, for lack of a better term, looked like chicken wings…or atleast like the bones of the drumsticks
also there were alot of feathers scattered around it
maybe the pelvis of a bird? idk

2 Likes

Hard to say, as im not sure the size of it to scale, but it could be.

2 Likes

it’s about 6cm long and 4cm wide

2 Likes

Oh yeah thats small, bird for sure, especially given the details you gave of the enviroment it was in.
Did you cultivate any other bones? My guess is a cat probably made a lunch out of that guy.

2 Likes

now that i think about it, i probably could’ve gathered atleast two more of the bones, but i don’t really plan on working with bones too much
this one just really stood out to me and the moment i touched it, i got a mental flash of azazels sigil on its forehead…or what i thought was the forehead at the time
so i’ll probably engrave or draw his sigil on it once it has dried for the night…maybe some other empowering symbols…we’ll see what i feel like doing once i get in my “artsy” zone (might post what it looks like, if it turns out well)
after that i thought of maybe making it a vessel for him kind of like what EA did with his skulls for the 9 demonic kings

2 Likes

In Slavic mythology, forest sjenoviki (spirits) are known as Leshy, though he isn’t someone you want guiding you. He’ll cause you to be hopelessly lost in the forest.

Slava Bogum

2 Likes