Need help from another "pro"

Lately when I try to “astral travel” or meditate, I simply go to sleep, no matter if I’ve been up and drunk several cups of morning fuel,its getting to be an “EVERY TIME” thing and its cramping my path big time!

Any ideas to fix this?

Have you tried to do it without the "morning fuel’? Maybe it could just be that you’re crashing because of the caffeine which would make sense. Cut it out and see the difference.

[quote=“Magus shadow, post:1, topic:3059”]Lately when I try to “astral travel” or meditate, I simply go to sleep, no matter if I’ve been up and drunk several cups of morning fuel,its getting to be an “EVERY TIME” thing and its cramping my path big time!

Any ideas to fix this?[/quote]

If you keep at it, it’ll pass. I find that everyone has some sort of period where they fall asleep consistently when they are getting familiar with this stuff… just learn to appreciate the journey and have some confidence in the practice. Do you know for sure it’s cramping your path, or are you assuming it is simply because it is not allowing for the astral travel or meditation you envisioned?

I’m no pro, but I just know that caffeine makes you crash and burn! But for some reason, nowadays caffeine doesn’t do anything to me. Probably because I drink too much pepsi.

Try a different position, one that will make you less likely to fall asleep. It takes time and mental effort to control your natural responses to relaxation and altered states as well.

1 Like

Yea, sit in a chair. If you must lay down, don’t do it in your bed and do something to make yourself slightly uncomfortable - like lying on the ground, perhaps with a slightly tight headband. Mild discomfort is a useful tool. Laying in your bed is something your body associates with sleep.

1 Like

All good advice, you could also get hold of (or make) a frame drum or rattle, and beat that while doing astral travelling, it facilitates trance if you do it at the right tempo (doesn’t need to be accurate to the milidsecond) - you can hear a recording of it here:

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzb8zN9AbmM#]- YouTube

That’s an awesome drum mix, Eva. Thanks!

Yeah one of my forum members from another forum does that for trance. She listens to the slow drum beats.

My received teaching has always been to refuse the impulses that don’t apply to the version of self I wish to perceive. If you dislike a certain result go against it, say “I will not sleep” and embed it deeply. Use any form of magick that resonates. If you move your entire body of self to “not sleeping” it will not sleep, simple as that. I’ve experienced it myself, to the extent of thinking twice before incorporating my full will into something so integral as sleep.

That’s right up my alley! :-)Yes, drum enhances trance quite easy.

Chair, bed, coffee, no coffee, I could try it right here and fall face down in the keyboard the second I start to get where I’m going. I think Lady Bast did more than bust my altar before she left me!

Drum hmm? I like it! I’ve done such for other things.

maybe first go to sleep when waking up continue the trance meditative state. could just be that your daily live is becoming more active and draining then it use to be.

First thing I tried. I sleep 5 more hours.and I’m stubborn enough that I try it every other day!

As well as this cut out all white and brown sugar from your diet completely and come back here one month later and tell if you dont feel much better.

J

Month(S) later. sugar wasn’t it.
Whatever it is, it’s tied to magic.

It happens to everyone, I think it’s normal. You have to train to stay in state longer and longer.

Michael Raduga talks about it as he teaches TGS as a lucid dreaming technique, which he called The Phase. He has the most detailed info on getting in and out and staying on the phase of anyone I’ve seen. There’s a book he wrote on it and youtube seminars that are free.

People use tricks to keep the mind focused. If you get bored or distracted you’ll fall into regular dreaming. Keep moving your attention constantly, to your hands, touch things, eat something, do not talk to entities that come up to you, have a plan and stick to it.

1 Like