Need help evoking goddess Demeter

I need help evoking Goddess Demeter. There are multiple sigils for her and I do not know which sigil is correct. I also have a fear of imposters. I am new to evocation. My first evocation attempt fell short of my expectations. I am working on developing my astral senses. How do I evoke her to the physical plane successfully?

2 Likes

Where did you get this sigils, if you donā€™t mind me asking?

2 Likes

Sigils are usually used for angels and demons since they were developed around the middle ages or so.

For the Greek pantheons they have hymns used to connect with them. I would suggest you to start from there.

4 Likes

Havenā€™t heard any average member of this forum claiming that. So I would go for something easier that still allows you to communicate.

1 Like

My friend I donā€™t think the ancients use sigils for her and also that you can find something serious today, A simple method is to write to a paper her name to Greek: Ī”Ī—ĪœĪ—Ī¤Ī”Ī‘ and listen to google translate her name from English Demeter to Greek- Dimitra to call her and also find to google her Orphic Hymn, can offer wine, milk,honey, olive oil, water, incense and burn blood of your finger on paper or something you can and fell good ,her color is greenšŸŸ¢ and is more the soul of earth than the earth, She can awake every power of you and heal

4 Likes

I have read is same with the goddess Isis

1 Like

All the goddesses have connections but Astarte I think is more with Greek Aphrodite -Venus

1 Like

You can find her hymn here, donā€™t expect physical evocation to be so easy though.

https://www.theoi.com/Text/OrphicHymns1.html

2 Likes

Lol, no.

This is a good way to evoke or invoke her. You can use the audio of her orphic hymn, in ancient Greek:

Or you can use her Homeric hymn, though its huge.

https://uh.edu/~cldue/texts/demeter.html

Because thereā€™s no correct sigil for ancient gods. We donā€™t do ā€œsigilsā€ in the Hellenic tradition.

Thatā€™s because you were expecting to have a physical manifestation. If you donā€™t know how to summon a deity, how easy you think would be to get them to physical?

Her symbols are the torch and the sickle, her animal is snake, her stone is emerald and her plants are wheat, barley, willow, corn, pomegranate, beans and poppy. Other name you can use for her is Damater. So be creative.

8 Likes

Is Demeter related to Gaia?

1 Like

Kinda, but itā€™s not the same deity

3 Likes

Ty @Anassa

:clinking_glasses:

1 Like

@Rav For Hellenes all divinity interconnects anyways, since the gods are multiplications of the True Being. But more specifically Gaia is the mother of Rhea and Rhea is the mother of Demeter and Demeter is the mother of Persephone and all of them are earth deities. So they are connected.

@Unknown_Person If your question is how you will verify if sheā€™s your mother, then you donā€™t. Deities claim their children by themselves. Although I donā€™t know why anyone would want to have Demeter as their mother, some reading on Persephoneā€™s myth and youā€™ll find out that sheā€™s very abusing.

I donā€™t sub anymore under the belief that a human has a deity as their ā€œparentā€, itā€™s not what my tradition says either, so maybe thereā€™s someone else who believes in this concept and can help you further.

3 Likes