Necromancy

Intrigued with this form magick… any info would b appreciated

If you type in “Necromancy” in search bar, accessed by hitting the magnifying glass, you’ll come across a goldmine of info.

If you have a specific question that can’t be answered after searching, feel free to add to this thread.

4 Likes

There’s not a lot in the way of tutorials on here for that, you might want to look for a book about it.

I like the works by Sorceress Cagliastro,

Working with the dead is part of shamanism, there’s a lesson in calling the dead in Koetting’s Ordo Ascensum Aetrynalis, which is the printed version on his original mail order style magic course before BALG was a thing, you can work with ghosts in the astral and in dreamworking quite effectively.

There’s also our own @C.Kendall’s recently published book The Necromancer that looks comprehensive and covers many traditions that use necromantic magick. I don’t have it yet but it looks very interesting and I probably will soon enough :slight_smile:

https://www.amazon.com/NECROMANCER-Path-Descended-Masters/dp/B08TZBTLN7/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=kendall+necromancy&qid=1621460349&sr=8-1

1 Like

niice, thank u, much appreciated

Dumb question but is necromancy basically the art of invoking the spirit of anyone who’s dead, the same way you’d call out to angels & demons? for instance could you summon Bruce Lee and try to pick his brain about martial arts? Not that I’m anywhere near ready for something like that but the possibilities are very intriguing…

Eh. Definition wise it’s pretty much any communication with the dead, but around here we see a lot of people equating it with baneful/ negative Magic’s.

We do have an entire category for it though as well as quite a few people with journals on the topic here on the forum.

1 Like

Historically speaking, prior to the middle ages, it involved communication with the dead that could use evocation but more often used tools for divination such as bowls of dark liquid to scry into, cracks of a turtle shell thrown in a fire, or similiar methods. In the Middle Ages, necromancy became a term for any from of magic not approved by the church, especially those that work with Angels and demons that was heavy in evocation, despite the fact that a majority of Magical texts were written by either clergymen or the elite of some fashion. I imagine the spells from the middle ages involving the dead were likely more evocation styled than prior to.

1 Like

Very interesting… The amount of knowledge that’s only known to dead people must be endless.

:+1: