Names and correspondences of the gatekeepers

E.A. says in " The REAL ritual of calling the Watchtowers" that the demonic gatekeepers are Azazel, Amaymon, Abaddon and Belial, but in “Evoking the Eternity” state that this gatekeepers are Satan, Beelzebub, Astaroth and Azazel.

Is there correlation between each?

2 Likes

Note that, even though E.A. indeed talks about Satan, Beelzebub, Astaroth and Azazel, he actually uses the sigil of Lucifer instead of Satan.

Also, in that same chapter of EE he states that: “The names and faces of the Guardians of the Watchtowers change from one Aeon to another and from one system to another, but their powers remain the same - although some have been diminished while others have been exalted through time” (Evoking Eternity pg 153)

In the Book of Azazel the 4 Guardians are Azazel, Abaddon, Belial and Amaymon.

1 Like

So long as the powers correspond to the quarter, they’re fine. Of course, it’s advisable to have demons of the higher hierarchies rather than of the lower, so as to invoke their authority in the calling of their subordinates.
I have found it most advantageous to use 3 quadrant kings for each cardinal direction with Satan above and below. This creates quite a dynamic energy and fortifies the ritual against malign influences.

1 Like

i note that but, what is the satan sigil?

so if the powers of aeon to aeon change, actually be the “same forces” regardless of the names of demons.

the problem with that is that each name is a separate entity with a totally different personality and power … even with the example set by satan, would have many “satans”

P.D: sorry for my bad english, im not native speaker :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

If you want to get anal (and who doesn’t?), the seal he uses is the seal of Lucifer as Ruler of Asia (which may mean The East or Air?), as opposed to his Seal which looks like it’s meant to be used as a talismanic gateway. Also worth noting, like almost all the demonic seals floating around out there, it’s the Mathers rendering as published by Waite, and Mathers deliberately altered nearly all of the talismans and seals he published, though only slightly, but it’s a difference a sensitive person can really notice. For example, the Lucifer/Asia seal that most people see is elongated into a distorted V or funnel, while the original manuscripts show more of a pyramid looking design. Compare between the Peterson editions of the Grimorium Verum and Lesser Key and Waite’s Book of Ceremonial Magic, see if you don’t feel the difference. The seals in Peterson’s Lesser Key have that “alive” feeling like Enochian tables.

ANYWAY… I have an idea about this whole changing Watchtowers thing, and it’s only my idea… But remember that in old school Planetary Magic, you rig up magic squares using astrological combinations, then perform certain mathematical operations on those squares to get the names of the angels and demons and whatnot that specialize in what you need. You look at the job you need done and put together the planets/signs that seem to best produce this.

Now in the Goetia, the spirits are mapped astrologically, each having a planet and zodiacal sign. So it seems to me that the right combination of the right four Chiefs or Kings…and remember the Kings are associated with the Sun and the Sun is always the Key… different alignments should produce different initiations with different emphases… it seems to me that the systems which emphasize Lucifer, Satan, Satanachia, Lucifuge Rofocale are about total power, total ascent, total right, with an emphasis on the right to absolute rulership over one’s own universe, even unto subjugation, domination, and severe violations of order. It’s the Initiation into the Right of Absolute Rulership.

Initiations that Emphasize Paimon, Azazel, Ashtoreth, Asmoday, Belial, these are architectural initiations - the establishment of empire. There are probably more of them… I’ve been explicitly told multiple times by Lucifer and others that they have thousands of initiatory pathways, and maybe this is a part of that.

1 Like