Name meanings!

Hey everyone! I thought it would be fun to share the meanings of our names. You don’t have to write your real name just the meaning . also do you think your name meaning has a lot to do with who you are? I’ll go first, my name means “little dark one” :black_heart:

9 Likes

No one’s gonna believe me, but my name means fairy princess…+_+ according to the internet. There was another variation that meant truth seeker or something…

7 Likes

That’s cool, I’d never looked it up. Apparently it means “Tied up/Secured”
Oo-er missus!

Edit: And it’s hilarious that Timothy posted the pinned message about the next BALG livestream right as I typed that ^. I don’t usually catch those as I’m at work, but, mrhh? I don’t like coincidences in magick. What fresh hell is this?

The numerology comes out to 1, which is newness/independence, and suits me as an Aquarian.
The gematria is 111 (Jewish), which is also Akasha, O God, God Magic, El DIablo, Die Hard and Inflame, (among other things that are less fun or sensible).

Fun ask. :smiley:

3 Likes

The name given to me at birth means “resolute protector/guardian” and my middle name means “of the chosen race/people.”

I’m pretty sure there was no thought given to my name beyond the fact that both are family names, one being my father’s middle name, and one being my paternal great grandfather’s name, but their meanings do go together rather well, though each is from a different language.

5 Likes

Mine has a lot of meanings, desire, goal, wish are the main three ones.

3 Likes

I used to think when I was young that my name had no meaning, but one day out of Curiosity I Searched the meaning of my name and this is what I got ‘God’s gift or blessings’ so yeah I’m glad to see that there is a meaning for my name ^-^

2 Likes

White shadow or white wave & is the Cornish variation of Guinevere, which ultimately derived from the Welsh name Gwenhwyfar.

2 Likes

Mine has a few meanings despite the spelling being changed to be “unique”

The meanings are right hand of favor/God in Hebrew.

beautiful/handsome in I believe Arabic.

Ham in Spanish (lol)

5 Likes

My name at birth means “fair, righteous, justice”. I’ve never really cared for my name, but it’s not bad.

3 Likes

My birth name means “Gift of God”

I would honestly argue I’m more like “Satan’s Rose Bush”

4 Likes

…no

I would quite literally say I’m a rose bush from hell.

2 Likes

Thorny and harsh exterior with a flowery and warm self, once i warm up to you.

1 Like

@Ornias means pesky which means annoying and causing troubles. This suites me very well.

1 Like

First name meaning " christ bearer " (from Greek)

Middle name " he who is like God " (from Hebrew)

Interesting…

2 Likes

First is The flow of the Devine
Middle is Lightbringer/To illuminate

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My middle name is a deprivation from the Norse God Tyr’s name lol. However, it also means to draw, like drawing out a sword or to tear away.

2 Likes

Mine means he who gives victory to the people.

2 Likes

derived, just noticed I screwed up on that xD

1 Like