Mythology

If their is a Norse and lovecraft magic, why isn’t their ones for Greek, Japanese, Chinese and other mythologies? Is Norse and lovecraft the only true mythology?

2 Likes

No, BALG just haven’t turned their attention to Greek magic, Daoism, Shinto or Asian shamanism yet.

4 Likes

There is, you just have to dig around.

4 Likes

It’s not that hard to do a simple research about the origins of magic in different cultures:

You have the tools to do research, so why not use it?

4 Likes

Yeah true, I honestly didn’t think of that

2 Likes

Chinese and Japanese incantations are very powerful.One of the reasons because of the way the language is structured. Very precise intonations that when you hear them you can feel the very air vibrate around them. If youve ever heard Noh theater you know what I mean.

My Japanese teacher was also an anthropologist so he had a lot to say about magic and superstition. Christianity never really took on a foothold in Japan. So compared to other cultures a lot of their culture is still intact. The problem is getting their children to continue traditions and maintain shrines and sacred places. Also a trend among young professionals to not want children has contributed to lowering birth rates. Japanese like the idea of angels and demons and have integrated them into popular culture because they relate them to their own spirits. But if you actually asked the average person to name an angel they wouldnt be able to. Unless maybe they watched a lot of supernatural romance anime LOL.

7 Likes

Oh, there are. Greeks had their own thing, and the far eastern cultures have some amazing insight into the realm of energy focusing and manipulation. I am just starting to read a little about it and it really is fascinating. The Japanese have a hard core system of black magick too, from what I have heard.

2 Likes

There’s some interesting stuff in Tibetan Buddhism and closely related B’On Sorcery

2 Likes

I couldn’t think of the Japanese word before. Here’s a good article that explains familiars. A lot of the cute innocent little pokemon, digimon and magical girl familiars have a cultural explanation.

http://www.corespirit.com/witchcraft-japan-roots-magical-girls/

1 Like

There are both Japanese and Chinese magicks and they are very very precise and powerful. You just have to research it.

1 Like

I in no way mean to be rude asking this, but where did you get this idea from?

Well if you think about it, in the astral, everything humans think up and put energy into can grow and become it’s own entity, so for example anything mythological has tons of energy and thought put into it already, especially the Japanese, Chinese, and Greek pathegeons. Also count the multiverse, most of these beings have physical form somewhere out their