My Recent Divination

As you good people know, I have been struggling lately with an absolute failure to Astral Project, or otherwise achieve any states of altered consciousness at all.

I did a Tarot Reading with this as my query. I record all my Tarot Readings, the positions each card lands on, and my interpretation.

Interestly, the last two readings I did, the same card came up in the Hopes & Fears position, the Magus.

And of the three Outcome cards (as I use E.A.'s modified Celtic Cross with 3 cards in the Outcome position) two of them were exactly the same in the previous reading, those two cards being 3 of Disks, & 10 of Swords, Ruin.

I have determined I am in the midst of a Dark Night of the Soul. I am absolutely unable to alter my state of consciousness. Throughout my entire life, I have always found it difficult to Lucid Dream, Astral Project, and now that I have gotten in to magick and these abilities are crucial in my development, it is all the more important that I learn to do them.

I am not at all susceptible to Hypnosis and thus cannot hypnotize myself either.

I wasn’t at all surprised when the cards indicated I am in the middle of a Dark Night of the soul.

My evocations seem to be successful sometimes, in the sense that I get what I ask for, and other times it seems they aren’t at all. This makes it difficult to acquire the necessary confidence and assurance that the entity will indeed appear and listen to my call.

I’m really frustrated right now. This Dark Night of the soul is absolutely wearing on me.

for self hypnosis you can try something like the nap relaxation ritual,but make sure to pick the one you like it most and do it at daily basis.of course you can hypnotize your self and it’s very easy.in fact it’ll happen on it’s own without any effort at all.
if you do drugs constantly,then you are already in an altered state of consiousness,but you’re not aware of it because you are into it all the time.
as for astral projection,i’m jealous for those who can do it.it’s a great gift.

I am a patient in the methadone maintenance program, and thus take methadone on a daily basis as treatment for a bad opiate addiction.

Since I am regularly under the influence of opiate drugs in this way, I basically have no perception of it. I originally thought being under the influence of a sedative substance on a consistent basis might be a boon to my efforts, but it seems to have either no benefit or worse, is impeding my progress.

[quote=“Illustrious, post:3, topic:3853”]I am a patient in the methadone maintenance program, and thus take methadone on a daily basis as treatment for a bad opiate addiction.

Since I am regularly under the influence of opiate drugs in this way, I basically have no perception of it. I originally thought being under the influence of a sedative substance on a consistent basis might be a boon to my efforts, but it seems to have either no benefit or worse, is impeding my progress.[/quote]
i’m glad for you bro.methadone will help you forget heroine if you want to do this.one other powerfull option is subotex(buprenorphine).ten times more powerfull from methadone.even your eye pupils shrink with this :)…you can ask your doctors about it.no need to worry about your magic skills right now.just be happy for your self knowing that you decided to stop poisoning him.

Dron hello, except for drugs Im at your very level, un the dark night or blocked

I feel in these moments we can only wait the storm to pass while training our skills, Im this way years algo, waiting still for signs

The Magus card would suggest to me a need to work with Mercury, which is especially connected to travel, divination, and magic in general. Consider working with one of the seals of Mercury from the Key of Solomon, Ophiel, or demons Bathin and Gaap. Bathin is intense for beginners. I haven’t worked with Gaap. Possibly Sargatanas via Ashtaroth.