My on and off relationship with Lucifer

The only thing I worry about in that respect now is that my in-laws and mutual friends think that my Husband’s budding Agnosticism…is completely my doing. They told him not to marry me, that he would be “unequally-yoked”. One of his long-time friends recently came over with a Bible and formally disowned my Husband. (Not only cruel and cheapening, but also stupid, we all grew up in Church, we’ve read the Bible multiple times, we’re not a Missions target that only doesn’t believe because we had simply never heard the “Good News” before.) So many Practicing Christians make me sad with their lack of resemblance to their ideal (Christ), and their overwhelming discomfort with everything else.

I apologize for the de-railing rambles. Back to your relationship with Lucifer.

3 Likes

Was your Mom as crazy a Pentecostal as mine? She made me basically eat bars of soap because when I spoke kid gibberish, she thought I was mocking tongues and the holy ghost. It’s funny now, haha.

4 Likes

Lol no it was my dad’s side of the family. But the same grandma who swore by the holy ghost could curse like no other, go figure! I tried so hard to make it work for me but I just couldn’t. So twisted and backwards and utterly abusive all the way around.

2 Likes

I’m sorry you had to go through all of that. I think those churches are basically cults. You wouldn’t believe how many examples of Pentecostalism I used to find on a site called BatteredSheep where people talked about being subjected to religious abuse.

2 Likes

@AradiaX , @Castalia I’m really sorry to hear this. I was raised very liberal with Catholic background. That’s why I don’t blame a deity or God. I only am sick of dogmas, people brought in our believe system (it is a system). I can give you an gospel that shows another side of God, Jesus. But the church didn’t acknowledge that. That got me doubting a lot on Daemons and our light bearer. And of course evangelical priest who exorcise half of their church. Which looks like BS or theater to.
And then the story of my mom who was a better medium than me and unfortunately was not happy with life (for good reasons) and tried to end it. If you follow church rules she would be punished forever. But I know she is still there somewhere and she has got an higher purpose. Because her character is good, always helping others and i’m still in contact with her.

5 Likes