My next project; Uzumaki

Obsession of the spiral. Obsession is a tool for a mage (or sorcerer, witch, etc), but just like in Junji Ito’s manga Uzumaki (うずまき, Japanese for “Spiral”), obsession can lead to despair. A curse. Death.

Project Uzumaki is about obsession over a simple shape. In the manga, the town of which to story takes place is cursed not by a ghost or spirit, but a shape; the spiral. A spiral by itself is merely a shape, but take this same shape and contort reality to this shape, and you see visions bizarrely familiar yet otherworldly.

Project Uzumaki is my own creation, and an experiment on my path, however I invite others to attempt it, especially if you’re interested in Lovecraftian-like gnosis.

Requirements;

• Choose a simple shape. It should be a shape you can draw in one or two pen strokes. The simpler the better.

• You need to draw or otherwise create the shape (photocopying is also fine). Do this on portable object. Try to make it as precise as possible. If electronic energies don’t bother you, you could upload a electronic rendition of the shape.

• Find or create a quiet place to meditate for a week. If you are working at night, if is advised you choose a place where you can safely employ a light source that doesn’t bother you energy-wise (most likely a candle but it doesn’t have to be)

What to do;

• Starting on a day or night you choose, meditate on the symbol for at least 20 minutes. Set a timer if you need to, but you also don’t need to hurry.

• If you meditated during the first day, don’t loose focus of the symbol. Find it everywhere you can. Look in the street, on the stained coffee table, on the walls, and so on, to find the symbol. Draw it throughout the day if you need to.

• At night, wether it is the night of your first day or your first night of meditation, go to bed. The next part focuses on dreamstates, so if you need to set an alarm for the middle of the night to induce more lucid dreams, do so. If you can, adjust your eyes to the darkness and stare at the symbol until you fall asleep.

• Don’t worry if you don’t dream the first two nights. The main focus of the project is to exercise the practitioner’s ability to learn through obsession and then to sever the tie so you don’t “spiral” into madness. But whatever comes to you, don’t force it. Allow it to consume you until you wake up. Record the dream and comment on what you saw.

• Reapeat this for at least one week. You will know your success based on your work.

The reason I am doing this project, a potentially dangerous one at that, is because I would like to test my abilities as a mage before I do even more dangerous psychological-based summoning rituals. Obsession is the gift that brings people to magic, but it is also the best way to go astray on any path. Obsession in bursts is normal for new things, but not always for familiar ones. As they say about the job of good sociologists; “make the familiar strange”.

This Sunday (the 10th) I plan to start a personal forum journal for this project. I am going to explore the equilateral triangle for two reasons;

• I read Uzumaki in its entirety recently and I don’t want my visions to relapse what was in the manga with my memory being so fresh on the story. If you want to do this project utilizing the spiral, that is fine. But if you have read the manga recently, it is ill-advised to use the spiral in the project so soon as relapses in memory can contort visions.
  • I think there is a lot of lore behind the shape and I would like to see if findings of my personal gnosis match other’s theories and findings.

The project is a personal one and you do not have to say that you are joining it, but if you do be aware that obsession can become compulsive and be prepared for any steps you may need to take to annihilate obsession if necessary. I am offering this project to be a challenge for anyone at any time to utilize for thier personal reflection and gain. I posted this under “chaos magic” because this project is not about the magic, but about the psyche of the mage and what the mage can attain through the tools available within one’s mind. In other words, you only have to believe that you can get something out of this and it’ll work.

To anyone taking up the task, good luck.

5 Likes

Funny enough I used to do this as a child, gave me constant sleep paralysis. So should be good for someone practicing magick.

1 Like

When I first read the title I thought of Naruto Uzumaki, woops. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Hmmm sounds interesting

1 Like

Same.

1 Like

I lol’d hard at this :joy:

“Junji Ito”

“NOPE”

1 Like

Just looked up his art. Ill stick with my normal hentai thank you very much :joy:
(Says the guy who conjured the Girl off the Grudge 1,2 and 3 and a Female Xenomorph for Astral sex)

I thought you were talking about Uzumaki Naruto. I feel, I feel old. :cry:

2 Likes

This looks very interesting to me and as a Chaos Magick Witch I just love it!:heart:

1 Like

I think ill be starting some form of this up! Sounds right up my alley