My introduction

Hello everyone!

My name is Carli. I’ve been lurking here for a long time but finally was pushed to introduce myself. I am 30 years old and have been practicing magick and divination since I was a child (unknowingly) and knowingly practicing for about 10 years now. I have worked a variety of different methods over the years as I try to find what works best for me and also what I enjoy doing the most. I work alone and come up with a lot of my own spells. In the past 3 years I have begun working extensively with demons after two (Belial and Naamah) came to me before I even knew a single thing about it. That was what really kick started my journey and belief into high gear. After much trial, error, and success with doing things on my own, I have recently started exploring the Gallery of Magick books with some success so far. I really look forward to contributing to the forum and getting to know some of you as well!

7 Likes

Am I understanding you correctly that you pretty much don’t subscribe to anyone else’s ideals of how one should practice, as in any particular type/school of magic?

Would you mind telling us roughly where you are from? :blush:

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Hi @Keteriya. Thank you! I live in the USA, in New England.

To answer your question, yes, you are correct. I have tried many different types of magic and studied different schools of thought/philosophies over the years in my explorations, but I would reach a certain point in one method and find reasons why my ideals toward that particular “school” would be shattered as my perception and personal experiences grew, if that makes sense.

So what I ended up doing was taking what worked for me from those methods and continuing to use them, while at the same time learning new methods and schools and seeing what works and doesn’t work for me. It is a slow process that involves a lot of trial and error, but it also opens me up to connections and new ideas and experiences that I would not have otherwise had had I stuck with only one ideology when it comes to magic.

I very much enjoy the process of trying new magick and immersing myself in different types of magick. It is almost as if they become downloaded into you for future use the more you immerse yourself in it and show respect for the magick. I do notice that the types of magick that fit more closely into my ancestry ( Russian Jewish by ethnicity) are what I tend to have a stronger pull toward, but I definitely let me intuition guide me in the process for ending up where I am supposed to be.

2 Likes

Very interesting, thank you for elaborating :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to BALG.

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Experimenting to find what works and what doesn’t is important. I challenge my old knowledge every-so-often to make sure what didn’t work still doesn’t (but with expecting it to). It has helped.

2 Likes

Thank you, Norse!

I completely agree. Sometimes I even find that something I thought didn’t work actually does, but wasn’t working because I was missing a piece of knowledge that would put the entire thing into a different perspective, if that makes sense. So it is definitely beneficial to go back and try things that you wrote off initially. Thats actually why I started working with DoM. I never found the more “ceremonial” magick to work well for me, but now that I know a bit more through experience, I am going back and giving it another try and finding that I actually like it.

I won’t lie, I have lurked on your posts a ton throughout the year I have been a member, and they have been extremely helpful so thank you!

1 Like

Hi Carli!! Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Hello Welcome

1 Like

You’re welcome. Glad you found it useful.

1 Like