My Intro to BALG forum

Hello everyone!

I hope my message find you all well.

I’m Francisco from Brazil. I would describe myself as a beginner in Magick although I’ve been an enthusiast of the occult for many years now. The problem is I tend to get lost too much on the theory/philosophical side of things and generally my practice lags behind. And also I haven’t been able to focus on my practice sequentially, just sparsely in time. I still have basic difficulties like gathering enough focus, energy and intent to my rituals. I’m so easily distracted that it’s been very frustrating, but I refuse to believe that “magick isn’t meant for me”. At this point, I’m still looking for a real magician for hire to get my mundane results but I certainly want to make the transition to the Godhood advocated by BALG and the LHP in general.

To give a little more info about me, I like classic authors like Franz Bardon, Crowley and Éliphas Lévi but I think I would benefit more from more modern approaches to magick, right now. Looking forward to learn a lot from you guys and very interested in the work of E.A. Koetting.

Thanks

Welcome @darkogre Please tell us more about your experience in magick.

What, exactly, do you practice, and how long have you been practicing?

Do you have experience in any specific systems or traditions?

1 Like

Thanks @DarkestKnight !

As I wrote in my original post I’ve been practicing magick for some time now but not sequentially, just sparsely in time. I think my very first experiences were approximately 10 to 12 years ago, but unfortunately too much time away from any practice.

Just like in other fields of interest for me I like to begin with the classics so I got to study Ceremonial magick and Hermeticism with authors like Crowley, Franz Bardon and anything Golden Dawn related. But overall, my frustrations with my practices led me astray most of the time.

I have also tried my hands on some Chaos Magick with authors like Andrieh Vitimus, Peter J. Carroll, Phil Hine among others, and had maybe the best results ever.

I was always very drawn to the more philosophical side of the study of the occult and particularly, demonology and LHP are a great point of interest for me.

1 Like

thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and again, welcome to the BALG forum.

1 Like

Thanks, @DarkestKnight !!

Really looking forward to learning from you guys.

1 Like

Hi @darkogre, welcome to the forum :wave:t5:

1 Like

Hello. Welcome to BALG. :pray:

2 Likes

Thanks @QueenMustang and @Rondmc222 !!

1 Like