My intro (advice needed for dealing with accidental spells)

Hello,

A little over a month ago I thought magic was just a trick used by stage magicians. So much has changed in just a few weeks. I initially became interested in this stuff to help my depression, and have fallen down the deep rabbit hole that I’m sure you’re all aware of.

I would just like to say that all of this means a lot and makes me realize that it’s me who’s in complete control of my life. However I do have a pressing issue, which is dealing with spells or curses cast by my “monkey brain”.

Last night I was brooding pretty heavily about the situation with my girlfriend. I wanted to break up, but I couldn’t bring myself to actually do it. Well guess what happened that night and the next day? My now ex had spent the night feeling terrible and was unable to even eat the next day. Last night she broke up with me, and it wasn’t pretty. The entire day I had been feeling like something was draining my energy and sapping my focus. This feeling ended immediately after the break up, which is an undeniable correlation.

So I was wondering if anyone has any tips for dealing with this situation. Specifically I’m worried about drains on my energy that I have no control over.

2 Likes

What do you practice?

Since I’m new I haven’t really decided yet. I am most drawn to astral projection, chaos magic, and integration of magic and technology.

1 Like

My advice, since you are a complete beginner, is to find yourself a banishing ritual and perform it twice daily, once upon awakening, and again before bed. It will help to prevent any energy drains and will, in fact, balance out your energy system.

2 Likes

This may be difficult to hear, but it sounds like your relationship must not have been good for you. Now I know nothing about your particular situation, but I have been in a similar spot myself. I stayed in a bad relationship for far too long, for all the wrong reasons. The spirits helped me realize that I was in a toxic situation, and they gave me the strength to do what was best for my own health and well-being, not to mention long-term happiness.

Protecting yourself from parasites like DarkestKnight mentioned is definitely wise, but you can also take this opportunity to consider how these events may enable you to live a better life and be a better person. Bad relationships can make us bitter, angry, obsessive, and generally not a great person to be around, especially if you linger in one for a long period of time.

Now that you no longer have to devote time and energy to this relationship, try and direct your attention to other areas of your life that bring you joy and fulfillment. Life goes on, and you can learn a lot about yourself through a breakup, but try not to let it weigh you down. Before long you’ll be looking back at this time, and will feel grateful for the change and the opportunity for a better life.

2 Likes