My experiences with witches flying ointment

I’ve been looking into trying flying ointment for quite some time, and was able to get my hands on 2 different types over the past few weeks. Theres not a whole lot of information out there about expierences, so I thought I’d share mine.

The first one was made specifically from mandrake. I applied a small dab to my 3rd eye chakra and pulse points on my wrists. After about 30 mins I started to grow extremely tired a felt as if I had consumed a large glass of wine. I quickly fell asleep and experienced extremely vivid dreams which I was able to fully remember in the morning. I did however wake up with a strong headache that lingered the rest of the day.

The second one was an original old world blend, containing herbs such as belladonna, henbane, and wormwood. This blend was definitely more dangerous, as both henbane and belladonna are toxic in large doses if directly consumed. I applied the ointment to the same spots, and with 30 minutes or so I was feeling very out of it. It was similar to a feeling of being slightly stoned. Its almost as if things kinda slowed down. I started to grow extremely tired, and fell asleep. I had extremely vivid dreams and woke up in intense sleep paralysis, thinking I was going to die. After pulling myself out I was able to fully wake up, but had a headache and felt groggy for the rest of the day.

So there you go. For anyone who’s interested use caution, as like I said these things can be highly toxic and shouldn’t be messed around with. Both of these allowed me to relax and produced extremely vivid and intense dreams, but no OBEs as of yet. Next I’m going to try both before meditation/rituals and see how it goes.

4 Likes

When you wake up in sleep paralysis like that, that’s a really good time to try to get out of your body and soulwalk.

2 Likes

I have before, I’ve been experiencing sleep paralysis since I was a kid. Sometimes I can and sometimes I cant get out

1 Like

That’s so cool, but I do believe that in those vivid dreams you were travelling on the astral plane.

2 Likes

I know that a lot of times anthropologists will say “this is what this magical thing really was” despite a complete lack of evidence. I had always heard that these flying ointments would make you feel like you could fly or maybe make you hallucinate or lucid dream that you could, but it doesn’t sound like it worked that way for you. That alone is interesting to me. Perhaps what happened was that these recipes existed to aid in dream and projection work, someone found one and just arbitrarily concluded that it must be the cause of the flying witch mythology.

1 Like

Ive been curious to try flying ointment for years, after seeing this pist i did order some to give it a try.
From different recepies ive studied it aint unheard of that ountments may contain the combination of herbs from both the once you tried.
One of my favourite readings about use of a substance that i would call flying ointment is in the first Castaneda book Meeting with don Juan, If i remember correctly.

1 Like