My Evocation of Azazel

I spent about 2 hours in my temple just working on scrying different spirits right after the other trying to get myself deeper into the gnostic-state. I even posted a question here a few days ago on how to scry, so this is all very recent development.

I repeatedly summoned Paralda. I could feel his presence when I called him, but nothing hugely significant. I went through a bunch of other random spirits asking them one after the other to help me develop my spiritual sight.

I finally landed on a sigil I drew in my journal 3 years ago. I didn’t have the spirits name on it.

This is when things got interesting. Normally when I get into the theta-gamma state my eyes tend to refocus and I slip out of it easily.

As soon as I started to whisper ‘alash tad alash tal ashtu’, my vision was sucked in and my color of my entire room shifted to a red hue. It was very noticeable, not subtle.

My skin started to prick and a feeling of dread came over me. The feeling became so intense, I was very scared. I’ve never been legitimately terrified during a ritual. The prickling feeling was getting so intense and the feeling of dread even more so that I felt the need to regain control of the ritual. I stood up and affirmed (more like yelled) myself as ADONAI, EHEIE, AGLA, and TETRAGRAMMATON.

When I got my nerve, I asked the spirit (still wasn’t sure of his name) to help me develop my magickal powers.

There was no two-way communication. I could not see the spirit. But the feeling was so bloody intense, I never expected something like that to happen. I dismissed the spirit and banished.

When it was over, I tried to figure out what the sigil was. The first name that came to mind was Azazel (I’ve attempted to work with him years ago, but have never really started practicing evocation until a week ago). It was correct.

I’ve tried to evoke other angels and demons. None of them have shown me such a powerful presence as Azazel. I don’t even need to see him, the presence was more than enough for me to realize some shit went down.

I’m not sure why this particular evocation worked so well. I have not been able to replicate it with such intensity.

Does anyone have any idea why Azazel would come with such a powerful presence and no other spirit?

Why cant I replicate this result?

While I commend you on your succes I’d try to steer away from multiple random sigil openings in a temple setting. Browsing through a tome and getting a “feel” from a sigil is different than actually sitting down with one and opening it. I’m not saying its dangerous, it’s just that you’re taking a bite of Chinese food, then fast food, then Mexican, some Japanese and then some Cajun and in the end you can’t tell up from down as fas as taste goes.

If Azazel came its a clear invitation in my opinion, which makes some sense, your random sigil opening is basically stating a clear intent that you’re looking for something that aligns with you - resonates. If Azazel’s manifestation was impressive… that says it all right?

[quote=“Yuri, post:2, topic:4491”]While I commend you on your succes I’d try to steer away from multiple random sigil openings in a temple setting. Browsing through a tome and getting a “feel” from a sigil is different than actually sitting down with one and opening it. I’m not saying its dangerous, it’s just that you’re taking a bite of Chinese food, then fast food, then Mexican, some Japanese and then some Cajun and in the end you can’t tell up from down as fas as taste goes.

If Azazel came its a clear invitation in my opinion, which makes some sense, your random sigil opening is basically stating a clear intent that you’re looking for something that aligns with you - resonates. If Azazel’s manifestation was impressive… that says it all right?[/quote]

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, I feel like he resonates strongly with me. Which is funny because I’ve spent the last 4 years practicing “High Magick” in order to manifest understanding of the Kabbalah. I really didn’t expect a so called ‘demon’ to respond so strongly to me. If anything, this has gotten to change my perspective on them.

After my ritual, I was pondering Solomon and the Goetic demons. Solomon knew the demons were best suited for the task of building a temple on the physical. The temple is conducive for enlightenment. In this way the demons can help the magician ascend, but only if the magician allows it. I suppose things would have been different if Solomon used his demons to build a brothel instead :wink:

Just some post ritual thoughts I jotted down in my logs, I thought I’d share these!