My candle are not putting off

HI all
I need to know most of the time when i try to put down my candles ( i usually do with my finger) it doesn’t go off it keeps
Burning and it take me more then two attempt to put it down thy is it happening have i made any mistake in my prayer or some kind of disrespect on the sprits

2 Likes

In Hoodoo it’s a good sign that means the spirits want to keep working

3 Likes

So what should i do not put them off

1 Like

for your safety, if you have to leave or sleep, please extinguish the candle

1 Like

Doesn’t it depend if he’s doing hoodoo or not tho?

No mistakes are being made. Think back to when you made a wish before you blew out the candles on your birthday cake, you’re declaring your intent with your casting, candles are symbolic of your intent and ritual, begining, middle, and end.

After the ritual is completed I usually let my candles completely burn out on there own, this completes the ceremony without snuffing out the flame.

This might be a message that your patron deity wants you to complete your rituals differently and simply let the candles burn until they go out on there own, another symbol of completion of your ritual.

1 Like

I second this.

If you’re in a rush or need to complete magic in a limited time frame then tealights or small tapers usually work best. If you’re planning a full night ritual then use the regular size candles.

Otherwise, I’d be careful, never leave a lit candle alone.

1 Like

:woman_shrugging:t3:I’ve never heard any other tradition have an opinion on it.

Candles and spirits are generally the same no matter how you are working :laughing:

1 Like

Thanks a lot all for your advice’s