My biggest problem

My biggest issue is that I have trouble committing. For example, i can meditate for like 2 weeks then I either get distracted or forget. Same goes with spirits, I truly want to begin a relationship, but either get distracted or forget. It’s like an endless cycle, any advice?

5 Likes

Try reading this:

5 Likes

Thank you

3 Likes

This is going to sound very sad, but for daily meditation I actually started by putting a sticky note on whatever device I was using for my alarm clock. In order to turn off the alarm, i would have to pull off the note, which would force me to read it. This would force me to turn off the alarm and go ahead with the task on the sticky note due to triggering my need to get tasks done. It might work for you as well

6 Likes

I’ll give it a try

4 Likes

Why do you truly want to begin a relationship? I wonder why people just go with these feelings: examine them without glossing over with terms like “nature”.

2 Likes

Hard to answer, can’t find the right words to use.

1 Like

It happens to me too. Especially in busy times (like right now). I come home from work, do some chores, and then I’m too tired to do anything/ or I simply forget what I wanted to do cause I only think of work. My thoughts get stuck in a loop, thinking about the same thing over and over again (“How am I gonna solve this problem at work tomorrow??”)
I write everything I wanna do (meditate, run, clean the windows…) on a list and put it on my kitchen table. When I wander through my apartment not knowing what I was about to do, I check the list and can start something.

3 Likes

That’s smart

2 Likes

Okay. It’s fine. Not everything is rationally accessible. Reason has its limits. If not, you wouldn’t be contemplating a magical route.
Well, do engage in more meditation and introspective contemplation: self-knowledge is key for all of this. Just make sure you’re not, as I have a couple of times, using a relationship/commitment to substitute for something else.

1 Like