My "Belial Files" : 2017 Update

Guturral like a back of the throat vibration?

1 Like

In English, it’s pronounced /biˈlaɪəl/:

I’ve heard at least two American authors pronounce it this way:

It may also be pronounced /ˈbiliəl/ or /ˈbiljəl/. In British English it may be pronounced /ˈbiːlɪəl/: https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/belial .

In French, it’s /be.lial/, and in Latin, it’s /be’li-al/: A Key to the Classical Pronunciation of Greek, Latin, and Scripture Proper ... - John Walker - Google Books .

The International Phonetic Alphabet (IPA) is one’s best bet for accurate pronunciation.

In magick and spirit summoning, it may be better to use the ancient Latin or Greek pronunciations, but when it comes to daily prayer, English pronunciations may be right.

6 Likes

so when i look up his color online, i come up with orange (so i already bought tge orange candles) but on here, it seems like people are saying he prefers red. Should i get red candles instead? i know it probably doesnt matter much but i want to get things as perfect as i can

3 Likes

Orange and red both seem good, he seems to align with mercurial forces a lot, for example a while ago on here a LOT of us were working at the same time with Belial, Odin, and Raphael, all of who have mercury associations.

So, chose the correct one depending on the nature of the work maybe? Influence over a boss for example is more mercurial, passion or anger both red.

6 Likes

So I plan on evoking Belial tomorrow and I was wondering how necessary blood is for the ritual. Do you use blood often, and would my lack of a blood offering hamper results? I’m trying to stay away from blood offerings for a while so I’m hoping it won’t affect things

2 Likes

I don’t myself, there are some other recent posts about this here, of which several people also stated they did not offer blood for various reasons:

I have never, myself, defaulted to offering blood and only use it where both the context and seriousness of the situation combine to make it appropriate and necessary.

12 Likes

@Lady_Eva, @Eye_of_Ra, or anyone else who’s had success with Belial, I tried automatic writing (though started as cathartic writing), and seemed to have a message. I would like to know though, if it was an authentic message, or if it was just my mind masquerading the writing.

7 Likes

ah cool, much thanks!

2 Likes

He’s not putting on his most cynical, “You’re all pretty much worthless fucking scum but you should try and ascend anyway” tone that he sometimes takes, including with me, but that may not be useful to you (I laugh it off) because you’re working to develop a sense of your own mastery right now.

He often adjusts the message to challenge and lead the receiver to the next breakthrough they need, so such adjustment is not disrespectful towards you, nor is he giving you less than he would another.

The core messages of opposing rulers, whilst encouraging you at the same time to become master of your own reality through co mprehending it, at 100% in alignment with everything he’s ever said to me on those specific topics.

14 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: I guess its one more Belial file :slight_smile:
Thou hast no right, but to do thy Will?

2 Likes

I can’t believe that’s your depiction of him Lady Eva! Fantastic, as it’s another affirmation for me. Your depiction is how I sense Belial to be when I channel his energy. Incredible. I am so glad you posted this update! Thank you for the info.

3 Likes

Wonders why Belial would obstruct one from doing magic, astral traveling or the likes.
From what I’ve seen of Belial, it seems he wants to aid in ascent, not obstruct.

3 Likes

I don’t think he is trying to obstruct you I think he just wants you to strengthen your will first. This is fundamental for any magician. He really likes to test people’s will in my experience. But he’s not going test you in that way or teach you more magick if he doesn’t feel you had that basic down.

So I don’t think he is trying to get in your way he is just only going to give you the information you need at the time. It may seem frustrating and he may tell you to do one thing then another. But he means well.

You also got the nicer side of him good for you! I get the sarcastic side.

11 Likes

This is really interesting.
I’ve been combing through the posts on Belial here and have gotten some fascinating affirmations.
Ever since I joined this forum (which The Morrigan stared me too :slight_smile: ) I’ve notice a faint prick and when I first heard or saw his name I knew it was him. I normally don’t jump at that sort of thing and want to make sure of what I’m feeling first so hence the combing files.

I noticed one person mention Belial has many names and one is Nyarathotep. When I heard this it was like an understanding was reached and I knew I’d be doing more research on the Great Messanger, the Genius Alchemist, The Crawling Chaos himself.

Has anyone ever had this kind of thing happen with Belial? I see most refer to him as Belial but have some worked with his other names?

4 Likes

That makes sense, some spirits have been sharing what their other names are. A few took me by surprise as they were obscure and I never would have connected them myself. As for Belial and the crawling chaos being the same core spirit, it’s certainly possible. Belial will sometimes painfully poke/bite me to get my attention. It’s nothing major, but just enough so I can’t ignore it.

6 Likes

Picking this up from another thread. I’ve seen Belial as a minotaur-like figure. He had a shaggy human body with the head of a bull. Not really the traditional description, but I don’t insist that spirits appear to me in a particular way unless their chosen form is causing a problem.

7 Likes

I’ve seen Belial as a minotaur. I saw him that way in a past life so its carried over. He took that form to test me to see how I would react. In this life No matter what form he takes I usually see bull’s horns either clearly or shadowy in the background behind his head.

9 Likes

The horns are very prominent for me too whenever he appears x

3 Likes

Lady Eva, I see you have a great connection with Belial, I had a dream and I wanted your opinion about it.
Please express your opinion about it. Was that dream called? Thank you

2 Likes

Sorry I didn’t reply before @Thunder, had some busy stuff going on and the notification slipped right off my inbox. :blush:

Bump for BELIAL, and please, PLEASE give me that which I ask for, in your name I will make it glorious! :black_heart:

6 Likes