Must have books

I’m still filling my occult library, but I was wondering if some titles are missing.
What are your must have books, for newbies as well as advanced.

2 Likes

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/trancework-michael-d-yapko/1117651832/2677801516276?st=PLA&sid=BNB_DRS_Marketplace+Shopping+Textbooks_00000000&2sid=Google_&sourceId=PLGoP20402&k_clickid=3x20402

3 Likes

EA’s Collected Works.

2 Likes

i like frank skinners books very insightful.

1 Like

In addition to Agrippa (Occult Philosophy), Levi (Dogma and Ritual, History of Magic…), Papus, Crowley etc: UR Group “Introduction to Magic” and, in case of an interest for that properly esoteric sphere, Julius Evola and René Guénon (besides Schuon, Mircea Eliade…).
Hopefully in the future there will be translations of some authors: Rendhell, D’Angelo, Spinelli, Krejis, Giuliano Kremmerz.

3 Likes

You can’t go wrong with the Quareia course which is free but you can buy in book form on Amazon.

8 Likes

Now that OAA is available as a $35 pdf it is essential.

It details real discipline work from curious into the scary stuff.

2 Likes

All three books of Franz Bardon: Introduction Into Hermetics, The Practice of Magical Evocation, and The Key to the True Kaballah.

8 Likes

Being from Italy, I got a book of him, the 2nd volume wich are listed 36 demons of the Goetia.
Nothing special… just general informations on them, and maybe false.
According to him, King Paimon tries to bring the magician to his hierarchy of servants.
I’ve never red books of D’Angelo or Kremmerz, but Italy is not famous for occultism, except for the witches.
The one who I can say I admire is A. Brandi, a student of Karlsson and master of the lodge of Naples.

For you all, thank you, I’ll try to find and read them.

1 Like

I have the first book of their 15 textbook course series. It’s well-written, I would recommend to newer folks of both occultism and general witchcraft. It’s also decent for those looking to hone their skills and see new points of veiws.

1 Like

I finished reading this book a few days ago and it’s very helpful, it draws from a few different traditions (Cerimonial magic, Hecate Roman magic, Hoodoo, Tibetan Bon magic). It’s interesting as well as useful.

2 Likes

i have read that there is miss labeling of the sigils in the book magical evocation does you know if there is any truth to that?

3 Likes

I don’t, but that also comes from my view on sigils as I don’t think any single sigil adequately possesses all the energy of any given entity.

1 Like

About Bardon’s books:
Many “educated” occultists trust F.B. the most. I like his IIH, but I never met a person who completed all steps :slight_smile:
Still, don’t know what to think about him, even I know his work for so many years. Strange man, with really difficult life. One of the best-known magicians.

2 Likes

I dod buy a rendhell book. Great one. And laura parucelli. Ahe has 3 in Wicca witchcraft. But u guys hear of hamie hem. He has 3 ebooks in magic. Hs italian. Plus a blog. Nice author&guy.i cnt remember more info. But wort chking his ebooks

2 Likes

I’ve become a pretty big fan of The Gallery of Magick. Their books are straightforward and effective. I have performed magick from several of them and I’ve had results from most of my attempts.

I have a few hard copies and PDF copies of some of the old grimoires. They are interesting to read through, but trying to work from them is pretty fucking aggravating for me.

4 Likes

For me, most books by Draja Mickaharic, particularly Simplified Magic and Psychic Attack. As a beginner I found Donald Michaels Kraigs book Modern Magic useful because it taught essential basic good habitss like focusing on daily practical exercises, learning by doing to get experience, and being skeptical of the accuracy of what you read and learn while still moving forward. Also Liber Null & Psychonaut for seeing some magic stripped down to the bare essentials of getting results while removing cultural decorations.

3 Likes

There’s a Mega floating around that has some 40 or so gigs of occult PDFs; I’m pretty sure all of it is older stuff that is now public domain.

EDIT: I found the Mega, and it isn’t all public domain stuff. Sorry guys, since it isn’t all public domain, I can’t share it as per the rules.

2 Likes

i kinda agree i have the first words of power by GOM but i haven’t had any luck with it.

1 Like

Bible of the Adversary- FORD
Magicians Companian
Summoning Spirits- Konstantinos ( has many useful parts, but disregard the neopagan slant)

Whichever grimoire you use to take sigils from, please disregard the disrespectful methods of ritual evocation and respect the gods you are bringing forth. Do not attempt to bind the demon in a circle. Many seals have been broken, so this will do nothing. Most importantly, it is disrespectful. Keep jehovan methods out of your practices, they have no place before gods. Gods do not appreciate it when you use safety mechanisms created by their adversaries.

2 Likes