Musical magick

Has anyone used music lyrics in their spells? Were the results good?

3 Likes

I use a few for invocations of mars before i workout that go pretty well. Haven’t tried any in spell rituals though :thinking:

2 Likes

Absolutely, music is definitely enchantment, this is the power of the bard.
Why do you think rappers and musicians are the most successful and influential people on earth. :thinking:

6 Likes

6 Likes

Also, yes, I have used lyrics! Which is probably no surprise to you. Sometimes when I start speaking during practice, it ends up coming out in ryhme.

3 Likes

Not in spells per se. But virtually anything by amon amarth puts me in the mood to go to war. It’s good prep for that kind of magic. The reason I don’t use music directly in magical work is because it can set an awkward pace for things.

2 Likes

@Eye_of_Ra I feel like you’d know more

I use the entrance music for the under taker when I’m about to go battle.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if anyone has used lyrics in spells

I take it you mean if we lifted the words from a song and worked them into an oration of sorts.

1 Like

Something like that

Sometimes little snippets of “we shall destroy” play through my head while I’m doing things. So I would say it adds something.

When one casts a spell it quite literally means to S.P.E.L.L, not to mention the word grimoire itself translates to grammar.

The bards knew this. which is why their songs could cast spells on nobleman and tear down kings egos.

This is tied into NLP or Neuro Linguistic Programming & Hypnosis
(When someone is mesmerized they are also enchanted)

Then there’s the quote from Nikola Tesla - “If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in terms of energy, frequency and vibration.”

This has been proven recently with scientist turning sound into light.

And music is a synthesis of all these things with symbolism and Consciousness, very powerful stuff if you know what your doing.

3 Likes

I have rewritten songs to fit summonings but I also rewrote one to banish a person and later an event from my life.

2 Likes

Not my best “lyrics” perse but this came spilling out of me the other day:

Bune, Bune, grant me a boon
Do this well and I’ll draw a cartoon for you
Here’s the thing, I need it soon
Something to this tune:

[sum redacted] dollars fortune

No loss of job, nor ill of luck
No debts accrued, trying to make a buck
Need [sum redacted] or it’s gonna suck
Please help, sweet Bune, or I’m fucked

5 Likes

i’ve thought of using lyrics from this so many times lol.

2 Likes

That’s my theme song.

2 Likes

I like the lyrics in a few of his things, i also love this animator :wink:

2 Likes

Never really got into Voltaire, but may have to now ^,…,^

This may not answer your question, but I find that musicing is a form of ritual. Just as much as what people generally understand as ritual. In the process of writing or performing, I am manifesting, and the expereince is mystical. I also include music in meditation. Hell, musicing IS meditation. Magick encompasses so much, just like art does, but I think when a musician starts getting into the occult, or an occultist starts making music, it will be seen that not only do they compliment each other, but they also blend together as the same process.

1 Like