Multiple sigils for one intention

Is it a good idea to have multiple sigils for a single intention?

1 Like

The better question is, how seriously do you doubt the spirit represented by each different sigil, and how do you quantify how many you think you need?

4 Likes

It’s for sigil magick, or chaos magick. Not evoking any spirit.

2 Likes

So you’re talking about Spare-style sigils, not spirit seals.

Spare style sigil magick works with your subconscious mind, so the more direct the intention the better. Which means, generally, one sigil per goal or intention so your mind doesn’t get confused and your energy doesn’t get scattered.

Remember, sigils work on the “fire and forget” principle. If you keep firing off sigils for the same intention, none of them will manifest because, while repetition works for reprogramming the subconscious, sigils go in the opposite direction, where removing the sigil from conscious awareness is paramount for success and repetition prevents that.

However, if you break the intention down into steps, it works great to sigilize for each of those steps. In this case, you would fire the second sigil after the first one has manifested, and so forth. You do not want to fire all the sigils at once because then, again, you will muddy the waters of your subconscious, making it less likely any of the sigils will manifest. When working sigil magick this way, you are not throwing multiple sigils at the same intention, but different intentions towards the same goal.

4 Likes

Hi Lady Eva,

That came as a shocker. Sigil represents a spirit? Like if we prepare a sigil and charge it, the intentions will be handed over to a spirit to work on?

1 Like

No. Eva misunderstood what the OP was talking about because most people here call the symbols that represent spirits, such as those found in grimoires like the Goetia and Kingdoms of Flame, sigils.

However, this thread is talking about Spare-style sigils, popular in Chaos Magick, where you turn a sentence into a glyph.

I understand your confusion, and it is for that reason that I use the term “seal” for the symbols representing spirits instead of sigil.

5 Likes

Yeah… Makes sense… Thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:

3 Likes

And that kids is why angelic/demonic/spirit sigils are also called seals :stuck_out_tongue:

Darkest Knight’s answer is spot on though. Your intent is never going to diffuse and manifest if you keep firing off different sigils for the same thing.

4 Likes

I have a similar dilemma going on, with one difference: when I made and fired a signal recently, things went kind of wrong so I’m wondering if I should try again.

Mainly, I was kind of tired and wasn’t feeling so well, and as I’ve read you really need to invest yourself emotionally throughout making and firing. I’m talking by really really meaning what you’re putting down on paper (embedding your intent in the sigil) plus feeling an intense emotion right before firing it off.

I couldn’t concentrate throughout either part of the process so I wonder if I should try again tomorrow.

1 Like

You can make for instances 2 copies of the same sigil and charge it together. The psychological effect there is that you’re doubling the power/effect of the sigil or intention you put on that particular sigil. But honestly if you put enough energy in it a single sigil should be enough… If you don’t trust somehow your own ability to put enough energy in it you could still call a spirit you trust and like to empower the sigil for you. For instance you could to through the for archangels of LBRP and ask them to charge with their particular energy and element.

2 Likes

Interesting. I think I might try that. Been a while since I did the LBRP so this is a good time to refresh my memory. I think I’ll try it.

1 Like

here, u dont need to actually do the lbrp to do this. Here:

it’s easier than writing it down lol

2 Likes