Multi-funcional coffee

i thought about using coffee to scry and communicate with my ancestors, then offering it to them
what about drinking it bc…they’re my ancestors and it would be like they drinking (???)
probably this is disrespectful
(so what i do to the coffee…)
what do you think?

5 Likes

Pretty sure you are not supposed to drink your own offerings :exploding_head:

1 Like

i use coffee all the time, an offering is generally symbolic of something that means something to you. and if you’re like me coffee is more valuable than gold :joy:

though @AltScript is right you’re not suppose to drink the offering

5 Likes

i always thought that too
but i saw magicians doing this with meanings behind (of course) and started to reflect about it too…

1 Like

i’ll follow your advice :joy:

Yes you can take a liquid, imbue it with a particular energetic vibration and drink it. No, it doesn’t count as an offering. An offering is a separate thing.

2 Likes

You can make an offering of the coffee and ask the spirit to experience it through you.

People offer liquor to demons and give them permission to experience it and then drink the offering all the time.

6 Likes

so you’re saying coffee wouldn’t be an offering or drink the coffee wouldn’t count as offering?

1 Like

If you offer an offering then it is for them and you should not drink it. Now. If you are sitting down talking with the entity and say hey. Lets have a drink together. I want to spend some time and enjoy this together, then you can share the offering and they can taste it with you. When I’m putting offerings on my altars sometimes they will say hey! Have a shot with me. So i do. But if I put out a shot for them, no i do not drink it. They will probably get mad. Just like if you sat with someone and they vave you a glass of whisky and then proceeded to pick up that glass and drink it in front of you… you’d be like (holds out hands) Bruh!! Wtf!?

6 Likes

I think he’s trying to say that using the coffee to scry and drinking it is ok, because using it to scry doesn’t make it any offering.

But as @DarkestKnight said you can allow an entity to enjoy food and beverages through your body as an offering. In this instance I think the experience and opening up to allow them into you is the offering more than the things being eaten/drunk.

I’ve done that with Wine a few times.

5 Likes