Mugwort Herb, Lucid Dreaming

So… I have read that Mugwort works brilliantly for lucid dreaming.
Anybody has experience with this herb? Any tips or advice?
Does it even work?

4 Likes

Yes, it can work.

I would suggest a tea form or diffusing it in oil. Even taking a strong sniff of the essential oil can be beneficial. I have found mugwort to work better for meditations, though.

3 Likes

I have also read that you should put it under your pillow…
Know any other herbs that work for lucid dreaming?

2 Likes

I just purchased some so we shall see :slight_smile:
Apparently you can drink it as a tea, smoke it, burn it like incense, place it under your pillow…

3 Likes

If it works then do share your experience… After using it ofcoarse.
I have also been thinking about buying this herb because many ppl claim it works

1 Like

Use it all the time in my Viking Pathworking. Works great

3 Likes

Do u use it as a tea?

When you smoke it it’s called a “Tasp”, not a joint or cigarette. When I smoked it, it did nothing for me. When consumed in a high quality Absinth, like Doubs, it did have an effect but Absinth uses a different type of Wormwood, allegedly.Absinth gets you physically drunk but mentally agile.

Al.

2 Likes

I never tried smoking it, but mugwort is an amazing plant, i always went the tea route.

2 Likes

I just did some research on artemisia absinthium, aka wormwood, an ingredient in absinthe; vs artemisia vulgaris, aka mugwort. I was curious because I have had absinthe at various places in France and Spain and experienced no hallucinogenic effects. Yet, they claim to contain wormwood, the supposed culprit of green fairy visions.
Surprise, surprise, I found a sneaky little propaganda conspiracy perpetuated by the jealous wine producers in Europe. There is 0 scientific evidence that the terpenoids Thujone found in wormwood and many other plants, are hallucinatory in any way. Although, there are still some personal accounts here and there of people having a slight change in vision or feeling mentally agile as @Uncle-Al said.

All in all I concluded to purchase mugwort as opposed to wormwood because mugwort can be safely fumigated and ingested in multiple ways, whereas wormwood has some reports of toxicity. Further research needed for sure.

5 Likes

Thanks for that research. I was of the mind all this time I tried the wrong absinthe.

2 Likes

Okay, so here are a few more thoughts on mugwort. It is a scent trigger in my experience. Something about the smell of mugwort actually triggers a particular part of the mind ( I absolutely do not remember where I read this study or I would post a link). You could smoke it, and for us smokers it will not cause any harm beyond what we are already doing, but if you are not a smoker smudging with it can suffice. If you are pregnant, stay away from mugwort, especially in the third trimester.

3 Likes

For fuck sake, don’t buy or drink Green Fairy Absinth. Mr Jekyll Absinth is very good, despite what some people - who should know better - say. Body: Drunk. Mind: Alert.

I don’t drink absinth(e) anymore because it’s too expensive, for what I get.

Al.

2 Likes

That was interesting for sure… have you had any personal experience with wormwood though?
I actually thought mugwort and wormwood were the same thing… :confused:

Thank you for the warnings :slight_smile:
What particular aspect of mind did it trigger?

Do you use some other stuff to get the same result?
If so, please do tell.

No.
In winter I slowly breath the aromas and gently sip brandy or dark rum. In warmer months a like Bombay Sapphire Dry London Gin with quality Tonic water, ice and a slice of crushed/squeezed lemon or lime. I smoke pipe tobacco and the most common place, quality illicit herb. I’ve met Wiccans who swear by ‘having a tasp’ (or two).

2 Likes

I don’t know about any special way to have lucid dreams but the one time I had one was when I woke up with a cramp I wasn’t even completely awake (atleast that’s the reason I believe I had one) I got up almost zombie like to ease the pain then I layed back down and it happened. It was weird kind of like my mind just I can’t even remember how I put it it just snapped and was slightly painful/unfamiliar. Hopefully this helps you in someway

1 Like

I use it in tea, smoked it and used it in incense blends. I find that it does help me to remember dreams or travels better.

1 Like

The mugwort arrived!
I have some under my pillow. the first night nothing, then last night Beelzebub told me to record my dreams. When I woke up this morning I realized I had just had a lucid dream. It’s not that uncommon for me though. The problem is I find them boring. I get stuck going down every possible outcome to a scenario, until I’m like no that sucks, that one sucks, this way sucks, blaaaaah! Fine I’ll just wake up! Stupid dream! Anyone else have that problem? Solutions?

Sorry to throw this in here too buuut:
When I lay on my back and start to fall asleep I have a VERY STRANGE sensation all over my body and scare myself awake.
This started happening before the mugwort.
Question: Does astral projection happen mostly when one is laying on their back? I do not get this sensation when I sleep any other way.
Am I starting to astral project? Is that what that is?

2 Likes