Mind or Spirit?

hey, guys.

just some thing to think about –

when conjuring spirits, is it a matter of the subconscious playing the role of what ever spirit the person wants to conjure, and essentially gaining advice and insights from deep with in their own psyche, or is it a matter of spirits, daimons, what ever you care to call them, taking on what ever form and likeness one imagines them to have?

for example, if I made up my own god, spirit, what ever, would my subconscious - a part of the mind which does love to play - take on the role of this made-up being, or would some spirit floating by some how tune in to my thoughts and desires, and play the role of this completely made-up entity?

just a little thing to ponder.

by the way, although I turn on email alerts, for some reason, I haven’t been getting notified. so if any one wants to communicate their answers to me, might be better to send me a message directly.

: )

I don’t think you will get notifications when people respond to posts to this forum. Is that what you were hoping?

Anyhow, regarding your question, you will get both opinions on here. That fact is what keeps me in a perennial state of doubt regarding all of this. For me, magick is only worthwhile to pursue if demons exist apart from humans regardless of whether we believe in them or not. If demons are just a reflection of our psyche or something like that, I would view it as an utter waste of time to delve anymore into this because I am quite confident in my own abilities. I don’t need more…of me.

1 Like

[quote=“qwyzl, post:1, topic:6669”]hey, guys.

when conjuring spirits, is it a matter of the subconscious playing the role of what ever spirit the person wants to conjure, and essentially gaining advice and insights from deep with in their own psyche, or is it a matter of spirits, daimons, what ever you care to call them, taking on what ever form and likeness one imagines them to have?

for example, if I made up my own god, spirit, what ever, would my subconscious - a part of the mind which does love to play - take on the role of this made-up being, or would some spirit floating by some how tune in to my thoughts and desires, and play the role of this completely made-up entity?

just a little thing to ponder.[/quote]

I believe that’s absolutely NOT the case, because in my experience, miracles can and do happen, events turn out the way the spirit (god, demon, angel) told me, in detail, that they would even though I had no possible knowledge of why or how, and even though it went against everything that was evident to my senses - and so on.

No just once, twice, a handful of times - staggeringly huge numbers, beginning around age 9!

I’ve been told with absolute certainty that something that defies all logic and reasonable analysis WILL happen - and it does.

Lately, I’ve begun to be able to make things happen in the same fashion, but only after following the guidance - sometimes mind-bogglingly weird - of the gods and spirits I trust the most.

So my vote is a definite no on that - of course arguably we’re all emanations from Source, so “them” and “us” are linked, but IMO that’s as irrelevant to this area, as the idea of us all being One is to me convincing you to send me all your money! :slight_smile:

by the way, although I turn on email alerts, for some reason, I haven't been getting notified. so if any one wants to communicate their answers to me, might be better to send me a message directly.
                                             : )</blockquote>

All e-mail alerts on this forum are thoroughly and comprehensively weird right now, they either don’t arrive or take weeks or months - Timothy’s aware but in the meantime try using the New topics link at the topm of the page, it will deliver ALL new posts since you last read them, or New replies which will deliver all new posts only in threads you’ve posted in.

Unlike the “New” notification in Personal Messages, the posts remain flagged if you click away from the list, so no need to plough through them all at once if you’ve been away for a while. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well,this forum is a forum of black magicians,not spiritual religious worshipers or pseudoskeptical scientific apologetics.As such,people here may have both views.

In fact,some have achieved a solipsistic point,where they can only perceive themselves,as creators,and thus consider everything,not just every spirit,but everything,a manifestation of their own mind.

Alternatively,there are those who come to the conclusion of hard polytheism,that these entities are very real,and that they exist as separate consciousnesses somewhere up there.

Being trilingual,when talking to spirits,they shift from language to language,simply because I’m more comfortable in the English language,I was educated in the French language,and I was raised in the Bosnian language.Which shows that their voices,and their languages,are mental constructs.

Their forms,change from person to person,perception to perception,and when they agree,great.WHen not,though,it goes to show that these forms that we use for idolatry are masks as well.

As black magicians,the common observation is that spirits in general are real,but they act much like gravity does,or any other force in the universe.There is a power,out there,or even a love of something,like a love of history.

A spirit has been overseeing the rise and fall of humanity,taking note of everything that has happened,and how an empire may avoid it and benefit from it.This spirit is the spirit from KoF,named Tuel.

However,on the highest level,Tuel isn’t an intelligence,he’s a force,given consciousness by the magician animating him,structuring into him a beholdable form and a discernable voice.

But prior to that moment,Tuel was an abstract force.Likewise,I can tell Tuel to help me study history,and he will do so in a heartbeat.If I have a very evil black magician teacher(which is a very improbable idea),then he/she can tell Tuel to stop me from studying history.

Tuel can do both,because the force behind Tuel obeys,even though the individual mask of power that I am learning from,as Tuel,may not agree,the teacher has a different Tuel,and yet they’re the same…what?

In fact,those are my beliefs about God as well.We have an Eternal Source,which radiates life,and energy.It’s omnipotent,omniscient,omnipresent,everything.But it has no morals,no will of its own even,no sentience,I doubt it can even think,it is neutral in every way,and won’t care who we kill or love.

And then there’s the personality of Allah,Jehovah,Yahweh,Ahura Mazda,Atum,etc. who was a figment of people’s imaginations,that they used to establish an objective morality when times were hard in the Middle East.

This…egregore rose and decided to establish monotheism and monolatry,it was attention-seeking and power-hungry.First,it took on the mask of Atum,associating itself with the light,so that people would worship it as light.Then,it assumed the form of Ahura Mazda,associating itself with good,so that people would worship it as good.Then it assumed the form of Elohim,and later on YHWH,blessing a people that would worship it,and also claiming the ‘‘El’’ part,that would associate numerous angels,and demons to it,thus conquering the mythology.

As incarnate Jesus,it conquered love,and through Muhammed it conquered free will.This thing,has set itself up as a mask,over the Eternal Source,painting all of its power,and all of its glory,as its own.It has conquered some aspects of the world,one by one,and by the thoughts of others,been brought to life.

However,we like to think those consciousnesses are innate to the spirits,since they match so closely with other magician’s,but in the long-run,we reeeally don’t care.

No seriously,I’ve always found these things to be more than real,and I reeeally don’t care.The magical mottos of the black magician are:

1.To Know,To Dare,To Will,To Do and To Keep Silent

2.The only thing greater than what I am is what I can become.

3.Love is the single most powerful force in reality.

a few others that have slipped my mind,and of course…

4.WHATEVER WORKS!

That last one comes into play here,that as magicians,we should care on whether it produces results or not,whether it works,in teaching us,or in helping us,or in making us grow.

[quote=“qwyzl, post:1, topic:6669”]hey, guys.

just a little thing to ponder.

by the way, although I turn on email alerts, for some reason, I haven’t been getting notified. so if any one wants to communicate their answers to me, might be better to send me a message directly.

: )[/quote]

What you are Observing is a Heirarchal Structure. You create a God, thoughtform, or whatever you want to call your mind construct… the thing is however is that in the Heirarchy exist Beings that rule over other Beings. Some of these beings are Physical (even real people) like say when you go to work and you have a BOSS, or political leaders, etc.

But some are invisible and not very well known. Then there are even some who mysteriously can be known and yet somehow tap into some infinite unknown… which leads to things like Eternal Mysteries where we are forever trying to Define things like Science, Religion, Spirituallity in order to capture things with our consciousness… like Finite form within the vast Dark Sea of Infinite Awareness.

One way to think of them are like Archetypes.

A third option is the idea of Strange Attractors. It’s a chaos math concept, but a fictional example would be how everyone says “it’s bigger on the inside!” WHen they see Doctor Who’s tardis. A theoretical example would be human morals. Dump humans anywhere, let them evolve, and some theorize the rise of a similar morality system is inevitable.

With all history’s great inventions, the credit has been given to a single person, when what really happens is a whole bunch of people discover the same thing at the same time. Did they create it, or what it there already just waiting to be felt out?

I recently made a protective egregore, the Rat Guard. It was weird the way it happened, almost like it assembled it’s self. In fact I don’t even feel right saying I made it, that creeping suspicion it was already there is so strong.

I’ve looked for evidence of strange attractors in symbols and sigils, but so far haven’t found any which exhibit those characteristics. Where everyone who looked at it got the same impressions. All I’ve ever seen is people describing their own paradigms, with vast differences. Although I’ve read hints of such strange attractor symbols in abductee reports.

In regards to the original question, it’s a little bit of both. What makes it confusing is that you need to get good at the self created ones before you can crack open the door to the ones that exist apart from you.

I don’t go messing with those things much, but from what I’ve noticed, they’re very skillful at grabbing your attention. Super efficient and effective. They also give oddly specific advice, which is also efficient and effective.

[quote=“Arcane, post:4, topic:6669”]In fact,some have achieved a solipsistic point,where they can only perceive themselves,as creators,and thus consider everything,not just every spirit,but everything,a manifestation of their own mind.

Alternatively,there are those who come to the conclusion of hard polytheism,that these entities are very real,and that they exist as separate consciousnesses somewhere up there.[/quote]

And I just want to add that these are not contradictory either - I take both points of view depending on what I’m doing.

My partner considers not just all spirits as manifestations of his own (and the shared) mind, but also all people and events that happen to him…

I KIND OF do but I also have a line where I treat everything (including egregores) as discrete living beings and … nah, I’ve muddied the waters enough already. )

But yes to this - “It was weird the way it happened, almost like it assembled it’s self. In fact I don’t even feel right saying I made it, that creeping suspicion it was already there is so strong.”

That’s happened to me a few times, strikingly so… :slight_smile:

they are what you want them to be, and that’s what magic is all about, for me and for example the supreme divinity of love is love itself not as an idea in our head or a feeling but absolute love taking material form as real and alive as any being or entity or as anything else, then comes gods of love, angels, etc

I have heard of magicians making, or creating, thought forms, which apparently are spirit beings born of the mind but which have no real will of their own - to me, they’re sort of like a part of the subconscious that kind of split apart from the rest of the mind but are still in tune with it and kind of obey what ever orders the person gives it.

I’m kind of with jboy on this - I think, if I were to practice magic, which I don’t do much (though I did try a few ritual spells of my own on occasion) I would rather have the spirits help me out. or I would like to be able to manipulate matter and energy and all that my self, with out making, to loosely quote jboy, “more of me”.

but any way, thanks for the answers, guys. it was interesting reading your thoughts on the matter. : )