Methods of Attaining Blood for Ritual Purposes

Yeah, blood is a pretty common ingredient in old world foods, butchers probably won’t mind

1 Like

Big list of regional foods here:

The whole “nose to tail eating” thing has given this a boost as well:

2 Likes

Would snake blood be good enough for what you want.

1 Like

I don’t see why not.

If youre OK with needles and have fairly accessible veins you could get some 1 cc insulin syringes from the pharmacy and draw the blood yourself. That’s what I do. I’m not sure what laws they have in Canada in regards to OTC syringes but here in the states its as easy as walking into the pharmacy and asking for them and a 10 pack is only a few bucks.

1 Like

Diabetic pricker.

You aren’t making biscuits and gravy.

1 Like

I fucking love biscuits and gravy

1 Like

I can’t fill a bowl, about a pint, using a lancet.

I’ve gotten chicken feet from a chicken farm in Wisconsin… lol. Skin too… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did a background check… lol… made sure she was a student… she is lok

2 Likes

And her compensation? I only ask because this seems like a great idea to me.

2 Likes

150$per session. Get it done about every 3 weeks or so lol

2 Likes

Small cut on my arm, that bleeds quite well. Avoid the legs as the blood flow can be compromised and you may end up with ulcers or sores etc. Use a screw top container and collect your blood then freeze it until you want to collect more. Or just use pigs blood. If you ring a butcher somewhere you can even pull the “oh it’s for a low budget horror movie” card.

2 Likes

Plenty of European recipes use blood as an ingredient. :+1:

2 Likes

Lol I only read the time difference after I posted. Think he probably solved it by now :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Noticed frozen blood in my grocery store’s frozen foods section. Propably for blood pancakes or Mustamakkara. Strangely enough stale blood as an ingredient never
really appealed to me, in food or in magic.
Fresh blood tastes awesome though, but I’ve been told there are health risks associated with uncooked blood. Never really got anything negative from fresh rabbit or moose blood though, guess I was just lucky.
From my self I get blood mostly with a lancet, with a ritual knife for just this occasionally coming to play for larger amounts. For animals there’s a specially concencrated ritual knife(smallish Khukuri) that I use, though it sees use at the most 5 times a year.

1 Like