Methods of Attaining Blood for Ritual Purposes

Hello fellow friends of BALG, I’m curious about how you guys go about attaining blood for ritual. Eventually in my E.A’s Mastering Divination Course, I will be practicing hematomancy, scrying into blood. And I of course need a source of blood to do this. I am aware of the blood lancet which is used for diabetes, but I don’t think I am able to fill a small bowl with the blood from just my fingers, and I was thinking about using the blood of animals.

My local pet food store sells frozen arctic mice that are meant to be eaten by snakes and other carnivorous reptiles. Do you know if I thaw a frozen mouse if I can still bleed it? Or does anyone else have other methods of attaining blood?

3 Likes

I just slit my fingers open with a razor.

For a bowl, I used to know something about where you can buy special tools and store blood

1 Like

See if your Local Butcher can supply animals blood?

4 Likes

I use my period blood that I store in small laboratory bottles.

2 Likes

But, what would I say I need the blood for? Is there some kind of exotic meal that requires blood? Or do they sell blood as a product, and therefore no questions will be asked?

The thing about frozen mice is it’s (in theory) fairly anonymous I can say I have a pet kingsnake named charles and move on with my day.

1 Like

Hungarian duck blood soup.
To make a soup they need blood from one duck, I guess that would be enough.

1 Like

That is exactly what I say when I go to my butcher’s shop near me. If they ask, tell them blood pudding. If you live near a bigger city you will probably have better luck with a smaller butcher. They ask less questions. Also, you are going to have to thaw and drain A LOT of mice if you are going to go the route you described. You could get creative and buy some rat traps. Fresh blood is better anyway, and it would be collected with intent, so honestly I would go that route. Nobody to ask questions, lower rodent population and it is reusable.

2 Likes

That actually sounds like a good idea. Thanks!

1 Like

Pigs blood (frozen) is available online.

https://www.filstop.com/frozen-blood/

3 Likes

This is amazing, but sadly they only ship to the continental US and I live in Canada.

Edit: I think I’m just going to stick with a local butcher.

Ah ok. Didn’t know that.

1 Like

Honestly… may seem idk… but I get a nursing student from the college here to take blood from me weekly. She gives me packets of my blood and I kept them in jars and medical blood bags in my freezer lol. Not much but enough Lol

3 Likes

That’s a very unique arrangement. I can’t imagine how I would get a similar relationship.

2 Likes

I just posted on Craigslist and found a Wicca nursing student who needs cash lol… she’s cool :).

3 Likes

What did your ad say?

1 Like

“nursing student needed. Great pay”… 6 said no. One said sure lol…

2 Likes

How much do you pay per session?

Sorry about all the questions by the way, I’m just utterly fascinated.

2 Likes

Message me personally brother… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Me too.

2 Likes

Now THAT is a damn fine idea. How did you make sure the person was not a hack? I just tried to get a phial of my own blood when I had lab work done for a recent physical. That was a big “NO!”, lol. The phlebotomist did not even ask me why I wanted it. I was told it was a biohazard. I promptly asked why she was letting me leave with a couple gallons of it in such a fragile container (self) if it was so deadly, lol. I was just joking, but apparently we do not share similar tastes in humor.

5 Likes