Mercury's In Retrograde

Mercury is now in retrograde for the next three weeks or so. Magick is known to not work so well during this time. I’m curious. What do you do? Do you stop practicing magick and do more reading or something else?

Try to cause reverse effects, so when they fail, you succeed in reaching your goals.

That’s a half joke.

Actually I ignore most astrological correspondences unless I’m dealing with a specific entity that mentions them as important.

I’ve never found that to be true, I’ve been working on one major project after another almost constantly now since the start of February and Mercury’s been retrograde for a LOT of that time - including most of Feb, when I worked intensely and successfully with Ahriman, which kicked off all the stuff I’ve done since.

Like Narius, I’d probably only pay attention if there was a specific reason to, and also, maybe that idea they’re automatically unhelpful is mostly applicable to white magick in which people strive to work within various laws, and the inherantly unnatural nature of black magick means they’re not an issue?

That’s just a guess - anyway, my own answer is no, I don’t pay too much attention to those things.

1 Like

I’ve never found that to be true, I’ve been working on one major project after another almost constantly now since the start of February and Mercury’s been retrograde for a LOT of that time - including most of Feb, when I worked intensely and successfully with Ahriman, which kicked off all the stuff I’ve done since.

Like Narius, I’d probably only pay attention if there was a specific reason to, and also, maybe that idea they’re automatically unhelpful is mostly applicable to white magick in which people strive to work within various laws, and the inherantly unnatural nature of black magick means they’re not an issue?

That’s just a guess - anyway, my own answer is no, I don’t pay too much attention to those things.[/quote]

Thanks! I’ll give a shot and see how things work out.