Mentor Requested

Hello everyone!

I’ve been on this thread for a while, I try to stay active and do my research as required, but it seems that I learn best when someone is actually teaching me. So I could really use a teacher/mentor to help me. Spell Casting is the only thing in my life right now that isn’t completely tearing me apart, it would be nice to have someone to help me.

Before I start listing my request in more detail, I should probably mention that I cannot (for a lot of financial reasons) pay anyone. I know this drastically shortens the list of those willing to help, but I am very dedicated to this, I need this.

I’m looking for anyone who can help me with spell casting. I don’t mind working with deities or demons, nor do I mind ‘dark arts’. I have access to quite a good collection of herbs and spices, but nothing fancy like St John’s wort or anything like that. I have experience with meditation and very little divination. I’m not a total beginner (I’ve read up, I’ve already started studying and practicing centering and visualization) but I have so much to learn. I am 20 (which where I live qualifies me as an adult) but I live in a place with other people, so I have to be careful with how I perform the spells. I’ve tried learning things on my own, but it’s been so difficult. I need help from someone who is willing to teach me.

Please message me if you think you could help, but I will only be picking 1 mentor because I take this seriously and I’m not flip flopping.

I hope this thread doesn’t go against any policies on this forum, and I hope someone here can help.

Thank you,
Atea

1 Like

Try to start a journal about your work.

That will be better, since any member can give you insight.

Also, it’s kind of dangerous to go on looking for a mentor being new. You know the drill: there are always predators lurking in the shadows. So don’t expose yourself.

7 Likes

This :point_up:

1 Like

I dnt tink not one will invest time, trust in a new person. I was decline in my teens for all the reasons u will tink. But now we have good fors, blogs YouTube, sky facebook… Its why i pay members blog’s to learn. Patrons, etc. U dnt say wat tradicion or stile you following .but here, the ebooks are cheap u can star whit tat. Amazon kindle subscribe for and u can read literally hundres of magik ebooks. For $15 a month. If u looking something specific u may have to pay. And tat maybe good or bad depends person. If scamer or real. Or the info is already knw, orpost bfre.

I tnk someonepost last 3 weeks youtube chanels i follow its like 100s post of members here whit their chanels. Look tatpost.

One day, in a far-away land, long ago; a Magician arrived in town and the news spread. Upon hearing the news, a young man rushed to the marketplace and advised the Magician that he wished to become the Magician’s apprentice. Sensing the aspirant’s dedication, the Magician advised the young man he had one hour to pack what was important, get as much money as he could and meet the Magician, which the aspirant did. The two set off into the desert.

They walked in silence until nightfall, when they set up camp, ate and slept. In the morning they arose, ate and left. This went on for two days and in total silence. Eventually the aspirant could take it no more and said, ‘You promised to take me as your disciple! You promised to teach me Magick! So far you’ve taught me nothing!’

The Magician smiled and said, ‘I’m trying.’

Al.

2 Likes

Get the books by publishers of galleryofmagick or thepowerofmagick publisher. Plenty choices. If your dedicated you should read every thing on the gallery of magick site. Also since you don’t live alone. Them books don’t require much props except the books and words to cast spells which you can do almost anywhere. They are the easiest practical magick process anyone can do if they can follow instructions. Can’t get any simpler for casting spells and safety. If you can’t even follow instructions from these easy easy friendly books… we can’t help you. Yes. there are folks who can’t seem to follow the instructions. It’s not surprising.

U be your own mentor by practice and “proper” knowledge.

4 Likes

I agree 100%. I just posted my request opening on this forum because I know that it isn’t totally unsafe (there are always risks, I’m aware). I have a journal, it’s kind of like a mini grimoire if you will, but doing things on my own and not seeing the mistakes is making it a little more difficult. I just need fresh eyes I guess. You might be right.

Thank you. I will look for these books. That’s actually really great advice.

Here is, my help do exactly this… Take a blank, piece of paper and write this, down

“Dear Lucifer,
I’m looking for anyone who can help me with spell casting. I don’t mind working with deities or demons, nor do I mind ‘dark arts’. I have access to quite a good collection of herbs and spices, but nothing fancy like St John’s wort or anything like that. I have experience with meditation and very little divination. I’m not a total beginner (I’ve read up, I’ve already started studying and practicing centering and visualization) but I have so much to learn. I am 20 (which where I live qualifies me as an adult) but I live in a place with other people, so I have to be careful with how I perform the spells. I’ve tried learning things on my own, but it’s been so difficult. I need help from someone who is willing to teach me.
I am, willing to give a, 100% and focus, on my path under your teachings without falling off to mediocre distractions and excuses and will appreciate any sign from you…please send me a teacher
sincerely
(sign your name in blood or ink)”

Look for space/time/privacy …
Get, a, blue or black or red candle

Light it up… Sit in a meditative position… Recite that,prayer out loud or in your mind but loud is better… And as you progress feel your frustrations…feel your rage… Get really pissed and annoyed at, your stagnation… Think of everything you wish to become… Recite this until you can’t No more .let the, rage, taje, over your mind, body and, soul…express it as you will… Tears… Laughter anything… Make it, as, vivid as, possible…

Finish, with a, hail, Lucifer… Burn the, paper… Put off the candle… Don’t, blow it out…
Then forget about everything and wait for any “coincidences”

2 Likes

That was so beautiful :black_heart:

You are not alone with this. Iv been searching for a mentorship for a while now myself. For years in fact. Unfortunately where I live, no one is exactly open to saying “Oh hey I practice myself!” :unamused: So what Iv been doing until that day finally comes is:

-Read, read and read. Read books, posts, blogs. Read info on stuff starting with the basics. No matter what path you decide to go on, one thing remains and that is the basics such as elements, correspondences such as colors ect. From there you can read what ever pops out to you or what your interested in. What to learn more about the Goetia? Read about them. Your interested in angelic magic? Read about that. Your wanting to deepen your meditation? Read things on that. There is plenty of stuff on here about stuff, a lot you will not find in books. There is also books out there a lot you can get for 20$ or find online for free. Trust me when I say, once opened to the right path, you will find endless amounts of information.

-Practice. You read basically an entire library’s worth of info. From the basic correspondences to some of the basics in magic. Now it’s time to practice what you studied. No doctor can be a doctor by just reading. They go out and practice what they spent all those years reading on. Same thing here. It’s one thing to just read but another to practice. There is plenty of beginner friendly things you can do such as basic candle magic that don’t need a bunch of fancy herbs and what not, sigil meditation and openings, basic divination such as tarot cards, Oracle cards, pendulum or rune casting. Already can do this? Keep practicing. One thing I learned on this path is to practice and practice. Just because you can do it, doesn’t mean you have mastered it. Always room for improvement and growth. One the things I and everyone one here, no matter of path would recommend is to work on your senses. This is one of the very basics that you will need no matter of level.

-Get involved. Now I know some of us (especially right now) don’t have any means or way to join a coven or is lucky to have those friends we can be like “Oh hey you guys want to go and do a ritual for Asmodeus?” But there is other ways to get involved in activities. Now of course need to be careful. But you knew that! :kissing_heart: There is discord servers of all types, group activities at times pops up on here or you can creat your own, there is a YouTube where many of the authors of the books and site do videos as well as other members do some as well that has really good info and at times do live streams where you can chat with others and possibly the authors and ask questions. Some of these authors also have Patreon that depending on them may have private streams on there that you can chat with them such as Orlee.

-Be patient. You just got on to this path, and it will take time to find your niche. I know I’m still drifting for most part and just now finding my ground. You can reach out to beings that you feel comfortable with and ask them to help you get the right people in your life that can help you with your spiritual path. But word it carefully as a lot will in fact help you but not in the ways you were planning. (I am experiencing that right now. Not a bad thing but not expected either.) This be the time for exploring your self and paths. You may fall onto one believing it is the one only to turn and find another that you feel more comfortable on. But let’s say you did find your path. Go and write a letter. Like stated above. Save your anger and frustration. When writing to note express your frustration. When you call on that being let them know exactly how you feel and how serous you are. Trust when I say you will be guided.

Magic, spirit is not separated from life. Life is magic. You are magic. So when you go on your day to day stuff remember that. Keep your eyes, ears, mind open to any message that may come along. But always remember, despite how much it seems hard, remember the fun too. So right now yes you may not have a physical mentor but there are ones that can get you a head start. They are; Studying, Practicing, community and most of all patience.

There is over 100,000,000M spirits, gods, angels, what have you out there right now that you can start to work with. Don’t know who? Do research. Meditate. You will find the right ones when you are ready. Until then, relax, breath and have fun! :3

1 Like