Men: Are You Okay With Being Called A Witch?

TWF you have a very magical ability. you can use logic to turn any bullshit thread into a dead horse. I am in envy of your power.

isnt “witch” unisex. does it really matter what you call yourself. your a practitioner of the occult, a walker between worlds. you are the puppeteer of reality. so whats in a name?

It’s a gift.

I see this question come up a lot and it always boggles my mind, I mean does your title somehow dictate ability? Can sorcerer do something a magician can’t do? To me it’s like saying you’re a bank teller or a fry cook, neither of these terms define you or what you’re capable of so why worry about it?

Personally, I just like to have names for my arts because it helps me to better categorize and make sense of them internally. If I can say, Oh, this is Necromancy… or… This is witchcraft… or, WHATEVER. I use labels because otherwise not having that label/semblance of order stresses me out. Which is really stupid since everything is connected to each other in some way and areoften mixed. But hey, it’s my fucking freakshow.

I understand that, categorizing or compartmentalizing different practices is one thing but saying you must call yourself a sorceror OR a necromancer OR a diviner OR whatever is what gets me.

It’s a gift.

I see this question come up a lot and it always boggles my mind, I mean does your title somehow dictate ability? Can sorcerer do something a magician can’t do? To me it’s like saying you’re a bank teller or a fry cook, neither of these terms define you or what you’re capable of so why worry about it?[/quote]

It’s just good old fashioned sexism. That which is associated with women is seen as inferior. To be fair this is seen a lot less in magick circles due to the numerous powerful spirits depicted as women, but that’s the root cause.

If it’s good enough for the witch-king of angmar, lord of the nazgul, it’s good enough for me.