Meditation works as well as antidepressants

I just read a study that found that depressed people who meditate regularly are finding it much easier to cope and that it works just as well and possibly even better than anti depressant drugs at combating depression. I’ve found this to be true in my own life. A simple meditation at least once a day can help combat depression and it obviously is a good magickal practice. Just wanted to share.

Bear in Mind that i’m not a Doctor and that you Should follow the Advise of your Legal Health Consellor.

I cured Myself from An Anxiety Disorder, Depression and a Tourette Syndrome completely with Meditation, while i was on Heavy Drugs(Medication) before Meditating, one year after i started Meditation i was able to Stop completely all my Medication and now its been over two Years i dont take any more Medication and my Life has never been that Perfect. So i want to thank you for Sharing that Post with us Frater Magni!

I’m glad that you are better Mephistor. My battle with anxiety and depression started to end when I embraced the LHP and magick. The LHP taught me to love myself and magick taught me meditation which helps me regulate my moods. It has also taught me ritual which I use to improve my life.

I have been practicing meditation for just over a year and to be honest it has already helped me immensely. I always had problems with anxiety, especially in social situations when a lot of people are involved and i had (have?) even bigger problems with my concentration. Sometimes I felt so anxious that i just couldnt think straight, it was like my mind froze or something. Also, since I was a little kid I find it difficult, even impossible at times, to concentrate on something except when I am so interested in it, that I just cant think of anything else. A lot of times I even had problems having a conversation with someone else cause when they spoke to me, my mind would jump from subject to subject, completely irrelevant with what was being discussed. I have never consulted a therapist or used any prescription drugs, cause to be honest I don’t trust them that much, but I have seen a huge improvement since I began meditating daily. Now, I am not a social butterfly nor I have unwavering attention yet but my situation improved vastly and who knows, maybe I’ll get there someday.

I cannot remember a time when I have not struggled with anxiety and depression. Meds did take the edge off a bit, but not enough to justify impotence. Haha. So staying off booze, getting exercise, and meditation worked best for me. Also living in a rural area was a HUGE key.

Dump the programing that you are a “fallen” being or one who needs to strive constantly for some “higher” state; dump the idea that reality is flawed, that the only happiness available is meted out by some middle-eastern tribal troll “God” who has nothing to do with most of the population; dump powerlessness, and set your sights on acquiring power according to your own ability to wield it.

Only then, once you’ve purged the societal toxins of 2000+ years of evil, can you ever know if you had a genuine “mental health problem,” or are simply an intelligent and superior being, living in a sick society, and under a sick paradigm of slavery and dread.

1 Like

Holy Moly, Lady Eva. That was excellent. You put to words what has been floating below the surface of my mind since I became interested in the occult. Thanks.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:6, topic:8299”]Dump the programing that you are a “fallen” being or one who needs to strive constantly for some “higher” state; dump the idea that reality is flawed, that the only happiness available is meted out by some middle-eastern tribal troll “God” who has nothing to do with most of the population; dump powerlessness, and set your sights on acquiring power according to your own ability to wield it.

Only then, once you’ve purged the societal toxins of 2000+ years of evil, can you ever know if you had a genuine “mental health problem,” or are simply an intelligent and superior being, living in a sick society, and under a sick paradigm of slavery and dread.[/quote] Couldn’t have said it better.