Meditation question

Hi everyone, might be a silly question, but is it normal to have your arms and legs go numb while meditating? i dont mean like a dead leg or arms, i mean like your limbs are no longer there kinda of feeling, its 1st time it happened to me and wondered if that should happen

thanks

Perfectly normal and a good sign. Other common things include feeling like you are falling, floating, leaning to one side or the other, somehow are upside down, or being stretched out or shrunk.

In deeper states you should eventually even lose complete awareness of your whole body and just be left with a general larger awareness and quite possibly (temporary) amnesia about who/what you are.

Thank you Rawiri that has helped, plus now i have started to lose feeling in the body so im doing right, great, thanks again appreciate the info

The sole purpose of Yoga is so you can sit still while meditating for extended periods of time without discomfort. At least it’s original purpose. Nowadays it’s just an excuse for women to wear yoga pants (not that i’m complaining).

I don’t think that that’s true, according to Hinduism, yoga was a gift from Shiva to help with our ascension. Every aspect of yoga helps a chakra, opens meridians, maintains your vayus, etc.

Im not going to ask if it is normal cuz I think everyones experiences can be different, but I get a whirly wind thing that happens around me when I meditate, like a cool breeze but it it sometimes hits me straight in the face and then seems to whirl around me in a counterclockwise motion. Not complaining it feels wonderful but, does anyone else get this?

[quote=“MarkD, post:1, topic:7048”]Hi everyone, might be a silly question, but is it normal to have your arms and legs go numb while meditating? i dont mean like a dead leg or arms, i mean like your limbs are no longer there kinda of feeling, its 1st time it happened to me and wondered if that should happen

thanks[/quote]

Yea, if you feel like you are falling and spinning also happens. When I was meditation recently, focusing on the third eye, while sitting up, I felt like my head was a massive piece of lead that was it’s own planet, felt like it expanded to that size, those are common things that happen. Feeling like you have energy spinning around your head is also something that happens along with a sensation at the top of your head.