Meditating In Public/Performing Spells & Rituals Outside

Do you sometimes meditate/pray or chant in your mind in public? Visualizing light, for instance, can be useful for protection (whether walking down the street, in your car, in the subway, on the train, in seedy neighbourhoods, etc.).

But the thing is, the moment you visualize light or meditate on anything else there might be that gaze, that stare in your eyes people might pick up on, and they may find it weird, so it’s a tricky thing to meditate and not allow anyone to notice.

Also, sometimes, I love performing certain spells or rituals outside, not “confined” in a room with four walls and a ceiling, but it’s really hard to do. Even at 1, 2, 3 or 4 a.m., there may be people looking, passing by, cars, etc. Sometimes, it’s neighbours…

When outside, you have the sky directly over your head, so you’re closer to nature, the spirit world, and you may have a more direct link to the Moon, the Sun, the stars, etc.

Even performing a ritual or an invocation at one’s window (to get closer to the air element, the outside) can be hard as neighbours can still be watching… I recently left a Spirit a parchment letter (with his silver amulet) at the window… The neighbours’ kids (Muslims) found it and totally freaked out! lol

E.A. Koetting loves performing rituals outside (plenty of cool vlog entries), but you’ll notice he often goes to the woods or the desert.

7 Likes

I meditate a lot in the subway I take deep breaths in i may visualize a white cloud above my head or river or a pendulum. When ever I open my eyes People watch me like WTF??? But I don’t care they don’t exist for me just like I don’t exist for them.

9 Likes

It can be difficult to get privacy.
I cover my ear like I’m touching a blue tooth headset when I talk to entities on my porch if people are around. Then I don’t look crazy ( I’m totally bonkers but that aint nuna their damn business so… pretend Bluetooth 🤷 )

7 Likes

Right on, you rock @JezebelleMoon Jez! Love your ideas, and Imma crazy old lady that people tend to shun or stare at when I’m walking the hood or beach nearby. Yeah. I totally understand why outside is the absolute best but, gotta be cagey about this. :joy::heart_eyes: :sunglasses: :smiling_imp:

3 Likes

Glad to be of help :blush:

:rose: :black_heart: :rose:

1 Like

@JezebelleMoon Thank you very much! :boom::purple_heart::sparkles:

1 Like

I meditate everywhere if anyone asks I’m just sleeping

3 Likes

Oh yeah, man. It’s the way to go.

In the city, roof tops are nice.

Suburbs can get tricky; best to look for a graveyard that does not have loads of houses around it. Golf courses are also awesome for late night suburb rituals. When I was living near one I used to leave chaos sigils in the sand traps. The rakers in the morning will notice, and they get rid of the sigil for you. Or the rain.

2 Likes

graveyards are a best but I guess you can also do them in abandoned houses and buildings there are a ton of them in the city

I used to meditate on the bus. I fly a lot for work and i will meditate on the plane. Nbd

4 Likes

True, but…you don’t want to go into an empty building and stumble on a gang initiation or some craziness like that. They would most likely kill you. Always make sure you know your surroundings in abandoned places.

3 Likes

just sick the unholy hell on them

1 Like

Four years ago I practiced relaxation while sitting at a course, and in a related internship I mentally repeated Arut Perum Jothi mantra, visualizing light entering me.

2 Likes

I chant all time at work keep it low think singing

1 Like

i do the same as you … while listen to chant …
and sometime at noon i meditate in closed office server room

2 Likes

I love to mediate anywhere close to nature. It definitely helps me relax and is very refreshing. The energy in nature helps a lot during mediations or when you need to focus. You can even call on the energy around you to do certain things. I recommend if you have an opportunity to get out the city and to nature, even for a day, go for it. The energy is definitely helpful and relaxing.

1 Like