Maybe it's worth saying

I know everyone agrees to disagrees on the emotion part. Yes, magick can help your emotional state. Yes, depression and other instabilities can be conquered. Why I said it was because if you conquered it, you were almost over it anyway. For some people it takes longer and magick can not only make you mentally unstable but emotionally as well.

Lastly, high amounts of emotion can cancel out your desired intent when you are obsessing over it, because you really need that money for the rent or something other.

Hence, magick and being emotionally strained may not make you successful but may do more harm.

Note, the “May” part

2 Likes

Yes holy gods yes magick can make an unstable person fall off the deep end. It’s not safe for everyone.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely yes. After my first by-the-book evocation for something important that I needed I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I stressed out and worried and still nothing happened. Eventually I just gave up. I accepted the idea that I wouldn’t get what I needed, and basically said “fuck it, I don’t care anymore.” That same day I get the call and the thing that I wanted had come to pass.

3 Likes

So when you let go of it, that’s when it manifested? It’s almost like you’re saying “set it and forget it” works or something. :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes

The power of Fuck It is supreme. Someone should make a sigil and Invoke that shit.

@Mapachtli I do think you make valid points. I feel like there is a balance that needs to be struck.

7 Likes

Harder to do than it looks, though, especially if it’s for something important. Kind of a paradox too in that we obviously care enough about the desire to perform the spell in the first place, yet we need to disengage that same level of care in order to manifest the desired result.

3 Likes

Let’s make a fuck it sigial lol

3 Likes

Good thing I have awful memory! Yay, I found a positive over one of my negative traits, lmbo! :laughing:

1 Like

I’ve had interesting results in the past using the DGAF sigil for general fuck it vibes (just make sure you banish appropriately after the initial period you set aside to use this, because not giving enough fucks can also be problematic in its own way):

Drawing

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing. That’s pretty cool :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ty.
This is the only thing I really disagree with.
Emotional or physical stress Are powerful motivation and power to harness.
If someone does this only “just for fun” and avoids magick when they have any crisis how is this any different then those seeking Entertainment?

1 Like

Bookmarked and screenshotted.

1 Like

I definitely feel what your saying. It hurts my heart sometimes to read here and elsewhere people struggling really hard in their practice and it’s making them feel bad. Nothing can cure your mental state-no one thing by itself anyway- but I can see the positive and negative. I just think people shouldn’t get so hung up on results and just focus on the relationship with your spirits/deities etc

1 Like

You know, In a way, I didn’t choose magic. It chose me.

1 Like

I believe that Magick is our birthright. I also believe that it deserves respect, and no matter your desire or reason for jumping in initially, if you don’t show respect doom and deceit is inevitable.

2 Likes

Heh. While I’ve been “into” magick for most of my life, I went through a long period where it was left by the wayside. I keep telling people, “I didn’t move to Texas looking for magick. But magick found me.”
Funny how that works, eh?

4 Likes

Depends on how you id demons. I never really saw any 3d images, as so many Mages warn we won’t. I was just assaulted with a vicious case of Shingles last week. And severally inclined to see THAT as demons ! Because it followed the instant after a most Majikal Ceremony at Beltane 2018. Spoiled my record of majikal-immunity and ‘all demons are my best friends’.

Here`s a quote from the Lesser Keys of Solomon, probably something also worth saying.

the world of Magic is a mirror, wherein who sees muck is muck

4 Likes

all u said are true…bt u know that humanity seek magick for all those reasons which u said shouldn’t be done…
nd thats fact…except that reasons why would u ever seek for magic?
im not being rude to u…anyways after anyone gets magick those reasons doesnt mean anything to them coz they will get out of illusion and start living in reality…bt before that those are the reason which leads them towards magick…
sorry if i wasnt good at explaining…:slightly_smiling_face:

What is reality that’s a good question.
I think your points are good.
Expect nothing and you will get something.
Question everything, don’t get too hooked on seeing results or they may never show…

1 Like