Mantra Challenge

I’ve decided to embark on a mantra challenge.
Over the next 45 - 90 days I’m going to repeat Ganesh’s seed mantra Glaum 125,000 times or until I achieve siddhi in it.

I’m inspired by the 350 day mantra challenge that was done years ago on this forum.

I read Mantra Yoga by David Frawley to get an idea where I’d start. My understanding is that by energizing the seed mantra of a particular deity you bring their force into your life. Then, it is way easier to use any other mantra of theirs, including the seed mantra.

So, I’m starting with Glaum because Ganesh is the remover of obstacles. Then, I think I’ll move on to Kali’s mantra Kreem, Kleem which is not related to any deity, and maybe Aim. Might as well catch them all.

I’ll update on my progress periodically. If you want to join me, go ahead, that would be awesome.

I’m following the procedure from Mantra Yoga for chanting. I start with physical chanting and then continue mental. Also, throughout the day I try to just repeat it in the back of my mind.

I started yesterday and so far I’ve chanted it 1,500 times.

6 Likes

Good luck :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve been using mantras for a few weeks now, and I am liking what I am seeing.

Do you think this would be good journal opportunity for ya, or not really so? We could move this to the journal section if ya like, I find keeping track in a spread sheet works well for mantras, but I almost made a journal for it on here- just to log my numbers for each mantra.

1 Like

Good idea. You’re not initiated probably so you’ll have to do extra hardwork. Let me list out the rules

Same place same time everyday . Same number of chants everyday. Same offering everyday. If you value your life, please maintain Celibacy during this period. It’s highly necessary

Also, Kleem is related to both kamadeva, the god of desire and Krishna

2 Likes

A challenge!!! Awesome!! :slight_smile:

:clinking_glasses:

Thanks for the advice.
Yeah, I don’t know that much about mantras but I understand from what I’ve read that they have to be done with a certain procedure. I am not initiated so I’ll follow those rules.
Also, I’ve read that in the absence of a guru one could pray to Dattatreya for empowerment of their mantra. Do you know if this is true?

Yes, I’d like it if you could move this.
I’d like to make my journal on here because it makes me feel more accountable.
Thanks.

1 Like

I chanted kleem mantra 162,000 times over a period of 30 days (5,400 times a day) and got the result I was looking for (reconcile with my wife after more than a year apart). I was desperate and followed only Dr. Pillai’s instructions.

I have no idea if I got siddhi and I never cared about it. Only the result mattered to me. I can only say that it changed my mind a lot, I became much more optimistic in all aspects of my life.

7 Likes

What’s wrong with not maintaining celibacy?

You could try. If shiva or Dattatreya gives you a mantra in a dream it’s valid initiation

1 Like

He’s doing Ganesh’s bija mantra. It raises energy up the spine. Sex or masturbation will be like reversing the flow of energy very quickly downwards. Could cause harm

2 Likes

I’ve recently taken an interest in the Indian gods and mantras. I did a 40 day working with Lakshmi it has 99.99% manifested and its just a couple of days until the final result comes through. As soon as it does I will offer her public praise. Today I started one for Lord Ganesh it is not as intense as the one I did with Lakshmi.

Based on all the books I bought and material read about these Gods they seem just as powerful as the goetic demons. Weirdly, although I have lots of success with demons I have started to feel like I am asking them for assistance too often which to be frank is not that often by most standards. Nevertheless, I am glad I can maintain relationships with other spirits and still have success. One of things that is disappointing is that there isn’t as much information about these spirits like the goetic spirits.

@boundlessperception would you like to restart a mantra challenge?

1 Like

@boundlessperception How did this go? Were you successful?

Sadly I decided to put it off, I made it about 10,000 reps in, and didn’t notice much.

2 Likes