Managing Adrenaline

Something I learned quite some time ago that I found helpful in magical works was learning to manage adrenaline rushes, and ‘store’ it for later use. The best way I found to do this was to engage in activities that brought on a major adrenaline rush and learn to immerse myself in the feeling, memorizing it’s affect on my physical and spirit body so that it could be easily recalled later to power magical work. Also practicing this helps prevent the adrenaline rush that is induced by some magical works from being too overwhelming for me to function through it. I may not be articulating this correctly but hopefully that makes some sense. Some of the things I’ve found helpful for this seem rather mundane, but they worked quite well for me. :slight_smile: Bungee jumping (and similar activities), motorcycle riding, drag racing, etc. I haven’t done any sky diving yet but I’ve heard from others that its more useful than bungee jumping because you’re responsible for opening your parachute as opposed to just knowing the cord is going to pull you back up.

Does anyone practice this? If so, what activities have you found useful? I’m always on the lookout to learn something new!

BTW:I’ve deliberately not included the safety disclaimers that normally go with recommending these activities, I think most people here are intelligent enough to not run out and do something they’re not yet physically capable of without proper preparation. :wink:

I actually practice a similar exercise. I use energy practices to stimulate my adrenals, glands like the amygdala and pituitary and pineal. Not for rushes though, but emotional stability.

That is interesting, because my purpose behind inducing the rushes the way I do (other than fun) is emotional stability that comes through learning to experience them without becoming overwhelmed by them. Is the stimulation something you do through magical techniques or more physical techniques?

Good suggestion! I’m going to capture the adrenaline rush from playing in front of a packed audience and use that in ritual.

Cool! I can imagine that would be quite potent.

Storing Energy…That is exactly what happens in a performance of any kind. I watched a show of Kathy Griffin where she stood on stage for two hours and as she was the center of attention, I watched how her astral and her aura got brighter and bigger and grew and grew. She was drawing from the audience. Then it would disappear for a second and then everything would repeat as a bright rainbow aura would appear and she would be fed from the audience. I suspect she was doing it unaware…but I am familiar with drawing from people in large groups or stores…you can store that within your body all the time.

Maxx

That is interesting, because my purpose behind inducing the rushes the way I do (other than fun) is emotional stability that comes through learning to experience them without becoming overwhelmed by them. Is the stimulation something you do through magical techniques or more physical techniques?[/quote]

Definitely more magickal. I focus the energy in the areas and lightly “massage” by swirling and pulsing the energy ball.

Funny you mention this now…I just drew on the energy from the opening ceremony of the Olympics which is a few miles up the road from me and I can hear it all down my street…theres a real buzz… I syphoned some off before charging a sigil and using another ritual and it really stoked me up beforehand. I felt a bit tired before I did this but after I was filled with energy.