Make Your Voice Heard On E.A.'s Complete Works

Speaking as someone who bought the CW, my initial reaction was “this is bullshit! I thought the CW was gonna be printed and no more copies were going to be released regardless of format or medium”. I’m ashamed to admit it (because it’s pretty embarrassing), but there was this little inner elitist within me throwing a tantrum and wanting to be one of only a few to have this information. Then I realised that I was going against the very spirit and nature of this forum and the ‘Become a Living God’ movement and gave myself a little attitude adjustment.

I’m sure all of his books have been pirated already and accessible to those with a little technical know-how, so the piracy issue is already out there unfortunately. I for one would at least prefer EA to release the ebooks and make some money so he can provide for his family and also provide us with more knowledge and insights as he learns them too.

Don’t get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I do understand where the nay sayers are coming from, but I also understand where this BaLG movement is heading. Death to the occult!

Paying 400 $ for a tome because it’s supposed to be limited and now the idea of making it available for everybody as an e-book!? I’m with Brutus on this one… If I would have known this proposition would come up, I probably would’ve waited!

I say: there was enough publicity during several months and not just here but also on FB etc… Too bad for the whiners now but if it would be up to me I wouldn’t give in an inch! How come that everybody all of a sudden knows about the CW now that it’s too late? I am amongst the people who don’t just have 400 bucks in their wallet every day. I had to make sacrifices and save up for it; actually, it financially hurt. But I bought it anyway.
Opening up the possibility for everybody now, just ain’t right!

Well said Bran.

Frankly people that print books need to make money, it’s their share of the game, blindly trusting advertising is a bit foolish imo, no matter who guarantees.

That black magick has a really small niche is an understatement, EA has a nice fan base, many of them very young and financially still dependant, and I suspect most won’t be too dissapointed with the decision of releasing an ebook. After all, there were only 200 copies sold, way too few!!

I hope it will be published and made available to as many as possible, if it will be proven in time as having value in an on itself, people will remember EA, if not, there’s alot out there that tried their luck…

I’d say do it, it’s a smart move, and quite predictable in fact…

it’s a pleasure to see magicians in a debate such as this.

i would have to note that i was lucky enough to hear about E.A. on time and scrape money for CW, with all his other products, including bootleged EE and Ipssisimus from some Amazon third party warehouse. i was dissapointed by low quality of book cover… i mean… pixelated jpg on Ipssisimus cover… and got sad and started to question EA…
but as i was reading, i realized that both E.A. and I were ripped off by some cockscuskers.

but i digress… the point is:

i was not lucky enough to know about magick a year or two earlier, so i find out about Mark Allan Smith on time and buy his Queen of Hell, when it was normally priced.
so there is no point of buying Scorpion God, if i can’t get Queen of Hell first.
and i therefore have no affordable access to that particular pathworking.

so… i can beg Mark A. Smith to release Queen of Hell in ebook format (which i woudn’t dare to even ask, i must say)
or to beg for a reprint (which i wouldn’t hope for)

or i can examine my path myself and recognize synchronicity of things, do my best and ride the tide.

i don’t have Queen of Hell.
fuck. ok. stop. think. release. regroup. refocus. engage.

but, yeah… if CW gets reprinted or released in ebook format, i’d sure like that Queen of Hell also re-emerges like that. And all other hard to get books.

maybe this get’s the ball rolling and soon enough vatican does the same and the whole alexandrian library gets to be put for free online. all buddhist texts, everything in ebook format, and people get empowered and enlightened in legions to completely turn this system around.

or we can basically just all fuck. i mean literally. a massive orgy. global scale. everybody fucking everybody!

[quote=“Bran, post:42, topic:1060”]Paying 400 $ for a tome because it’s supposed to be limited and now the idea of making it available for everybody as an e-book!? I’m with Brutus on this one… If I would have known this proposition would come up, I probably would’ve waited!

I say: there was enough publicity during several months and not just here but also on FB etc… Too bad for the whiners now but if it would be up to me I wouldn’t give in an inch! How come that everybody all of a sudden knows about the CW now that it’s too late? I am amongst the people who don’t just have 400 bucks in their wallet every day. I had to make sacrifices and save up for it; actually, it financially hurt. But I bought it anyway.
Opening up the possibility for everybody now, just ain’t right![/quote]

Dude, I get what you mean, but in this day and age, ask yourself unbiasedly, was it all that smart to believe that it was going to be exclusive. Like I said, if it can be digitalized, the exclusivity is over. It doesn’t matter if E.A. did it, or a pirate seeding a torrent did it, the sanctity of that exclusivity is over, at least for knowledge sake. You still can’t get the special edition hidden info, the consecrated book covers… if the knowledge is part of the exclusive package, then 95% of that stopped being exclusive before the CW even came out.

I’m just saying, if you significantly disenfranchised yourself over the CW, then you can’t blame anyone but yourself for making those sacrifices. It ain’t no one, and I mean no one, else’s responsibility to uphold the sanctity or merit of those risks. I’m just not seeing what the gripe is when

1. The knowledge is never going to be exclusive as long as it can be digitalized &

2. The things that can’t be digitalized are going to email exclusive because the stuff to be released is going to be digital, and at least as far as I can tell, you have to have the print to get all that secret blacklight info.

I’m not even speaking fro a perspective of someone who really even wants the books all that bad, it just means I missed out on a chance to give E.A. money for the information I got. If I get to keep my money, hey man, I can’t really complain too much about that. I’m more interested in why folks are so mad about something that was easily predictable, and for making decisions they chose to make all by themselves for something that still retains a lot, if not all its exclusivity. The knowledge was never exclusive, because all you need is a $35 all-in-1 printer and a 4shared account to break that up.

Well im not complaining from a financial aspect because i cast a spell and found more than needed to buy this book and a few other things i desired simply laying on the ground. Either way it seems the votes seem to favor the ebook release, which would benefit me because i can download that to my kindle and read it wherever i go. If you bought the book, you can use it to evoke the spirits dwelling within it who teach you the material contained within and what lies hidden between the lines.

@Metatron: I hear you, dude. thanks for this honest reply.

Here’s mine: Firts off, my attitude towards this subject may look naive, but I’m not! Of course it’s predictable that this book will show up somewhere online, free to download. But will that change by selling this tome as an e-book? Isn’t it a bit naive to think that this piracy will stop once there has been put a price on it?
I don’t think so…; It’s like saying: “Oh well, there’s burglars everywhere, so why not open up our houses, ask entry and have them pay for whatever they feel like stealing”.
Whether this tome will be offered as an affordable e-book or not, as long as those free-to-download sites excist, they will be used. But is that a reason to condone it? I Think not.
Second: my respons was aimed at the initial publicity which guaranteed this was a once in a lifetime chance, very limited and hard to get once the limit was reached. Again, it’s not that I’m naive but if that possibility would have been offered from the start then at least I would’ve had the option of making a choice. Sure I’m still happy to own the “real thing” and I don’t think about selling it, not ever!
Still, this doesn’t change my feeling that this whole idea would be unfair for me and the other 200 buyers who coughed up the money. Is it exclusivity that I want? Yes, for a part. but I also want fairness and I like to believe that both E.A. and Timothy are as credible as it gets. But right now, I’m afraid that, if they are to go through with this, the whole issue might undermine their credibility and I don’t just speak for myself. I’d hate to see that happen.

On a side note: if I see this book being pirated, I’ll report it. As Timothy once said,… the governments of both the U.S. and Europe are hunting these pirates more and more, and although I’m completely anti-government… In this case I’ll gladly help them.

Also, I’m pretty old school… I simply don’t believe that this
knowledge is ment for everybody. It’s like handing a loaded gun to a 5-year old,… they’re just not ready for it. I believe that knowledge like this finds it way to the right people, not the other way around. I consider myself to be a wholeheartedly member of the BALG-movement,… does this mean that this movement will consist of 7.000.000.000 members one day?

And as a confession, I’m elite-minded, I admit that.

There,… honest enough? :wink:

@Necromaster: that’s another thing indeed, why didn’t the mages dying to have the book had the money manifest in a magickal way.

I understand why Bran feels the way he does, I worked my ass off to get the money and not have it be any kind of burden to my family. I sacrificed time with my family when I don’t get much as it is. On the other hand I know and understand that these were my choices and sacrifices to make or not. I can’t blame E.A. or Timothy for the choices I make, that pesky responsibility for my own actions gets in the way…I hate that shit.

I did indeed feel a twinge of “I did all that for it to come out in e-book?!” but I do acknoledge I really wanted that talismanic grimoire bound with spirits of ascent that you don’t get with an e-book purchase. So I got exactly what I wanted and knew the price beforehand. I have no desire to keep information from others (not that it’s possible anyway). I also recognize the fact that I could have easily been one of the many left out of the purchase if my circumstances had differed ever so slightly.

If the books are released as e-books I will appreciate having actually formatted books and not some scanned bullshit. I’ll also appreciate the ability to print out sigils of the spirits in the book and not have to trace off the screen or use my book. Also the added ability to store them on a flash drive as backups and read them from a tablet when on the go.

There are positive aspects to the situation, you just have to be willing to accept them and acknowledge them.

I agree with Bran. The trust goes out the window if they go through with this.

Of course I’ll have to accept it when this happens, no other choice. I won’t turn my back on BALG for it. But in that case I’ll hope that the price will be high enough so it’ll cost a sacrifice for everybody!!

That is a very fair point bran and I certainly agree. Shouldn’t the spider and the green butterfly be released too? Considering the CW wasn’t meant to be re-released?

I’m sure there are a decent amount of people including myself who watch over the balg project. If someone were to pirate the ebook I will use all my resources to hunt them down and torture them. That being said I have a couple curses I’m looking to try out so hopefully one of you will pirate it

Necromaster, I’m totally with you on this one!

Now that’s the BaLG spirit!

One more thing,… I don’t consider the poll to be reliable because I have this distinct feeling that a number of the voters are just kissing ass. Not all off them of course but I know of a few. In my view, those people don’t quite understand the meaning of becoming a Living God seeing how they put E.A. on a pedestal. I respect and value E.A. enormously and I would consider it to be an honour if he would be my personal mentor, if I had the money that is, but I don’t have the intention of blowing his dick. I’m sorry for this bold statement, but this is what I see ever since this forum was born. If E.A. would say that our planet is square, they’d accept that too.
I am a firm believer AND supporter of the BALG movement and I defend this wherever I can, but people, don’t make E.A. your guru. That only proves that you people don’t understand the idea of the BALG-concept and it only showes that you are not ready to become a living god!!
It’s not E.A.'s intention to be your god!! So dare to be honest, also towards him.

yeah, this is not my usual way of talking, but hey, a bottle of whiskey loosens the lips lol

I don’t think that’s entirely fair. We’re actually discussing this, on a polled thread, in a forum dedicated to the main community that is interested in this book. EA and Timothy didn’t just say “Hey guess what, we’re putting out the ebook.” They do care enough about our perception of it to put the question to us first, even if they ultimately decide to go against whatever our collective opinion is, at least they asked.

In the old days before copyright was even a thing, people had to hand-copy their grimmoires. It wasn’t even a thought - if you got access to the book, whether you found it or your master allowed you, you had to hand-write that shit. Fortunately, those days are gone. But, this kind of exclusivity we have now - it’s the exclusivity of comic-book collectors. There was no screening, testing of skills, or promising the blood of first born. We went to a website and pre-ordered a book by paying money. This isn’t the secret grimmoire of our master’s lineage being stolen by a thief in the night we’re talking about here, and we’re not talking about an immediate physical reprinting.

People certainly have the right to feel offended, and have a whole host of reasons as to why. But I think even if you had to struggle to get a hold of this book, or if you had to use your magick to draw it to you, you gained something from your effort or sacrifice.

But these books will never be exclusive. All the governments in the world hunting down copyrighted works won’t make them exclusive. Cocaine has been fought with military force, paramilitary police, and a massive prison system for decades - and that shit still ain’t exclusive.

“EA and Timothy didn’t just say “Hey guess what, we’re putting out the ebook.” They do care enough about our perception of it to put the question to us first”

Fair enough. Noted.

I voted to make the ebooks available, because I’m all about trying to spread knowledge to more people.

In regards to Brans comments about kissing EA’s ass, that’s certainly not the case for me. I was once given advice not to let anyone define my magical path and I think it’s very good advice. I don’t agree with everything EA says either, though I do feel he is closer to being correct about most things then most other authors I have come across.

For example I disagree with him saying the loa are stronger then all other entities you might work with among a few other things I won’t go into here.

@redcircle Yeah man, I hear what you’re saying. And this isn’t about ALL of BALG. Just this issue. The rest is amazing, otherwise I wouldn’t be here.