Magickal work and raising children

Hello all - not my first post, but certainly my first thread. I was hoping that some of you more experienced magicians with families of your own would be able to offer some advice/thoughts on this matter.

I’ve always been drawn to the occult at a young age but would have to refer to myself as mainly an ‘armchair magician’ through the years, mostly reading and doing meditation, chakra work and simple ritual, such as the LBRP. Until recently finding E.A.'s work, I found myself stuck, as I didn’t know where to venture into, and ended up losing some of my occultic interest. Thankfully, I’m back into it full swing now, I’m very excited and I have ordered E.A.'s complete works as my ‘manual’. Having said that, my main concern with any magickal work, namely evocation is this:

My wife and I are expecting our baby boy to be brought into this world toward the end of January, which obviously will take a major priority among my life, which is sure to change in drastic ways - this is our first child.

I have heard E.A. say that he will rarely practice evocation in his home as his young daughter is living there and he doesn’t want to have her life affected by the spirits/energies/entities and that if he does, he will always banish afterward.

So I suppose the question that has been racking my brain is if any of you have experience in this area of doing magickal work in your home but having a small child/baby living in the same home? I do have my own studio/temple area, which has a door and will be explicitly the only place where I perform any ritual or magickal work. Would it be clear to say that things are safe as long as I am banishing the energies afterward, the baby is not in the room with me, and I’m not evoking any particularly nasty demons at the start of this path? Do any of you refuse to do any work with children in your home? Is my concern unneeded?

Any advice is VERY appreciated, as this is really my only real ‘fear’, if you want to call it that.

I was planning on actually doing some sigil magick, possible evocation soon to the Archangel Raphael for the healthy birth of my boy and a safe delivery for my wife.

Thoughts? Thanks everyone.

When I used to do workings in the home my youngest (I have three) started complaining about bad dreams and occasionally saw things while awake. Cleansing and banishings seemed to fix that; I’ve also heard EA talk about putting up an energy barrier around your working room if you don’t want to do cleansings. I’ve since built a large shed on the backside of my property to get around the need to do either, or during the summer when there is no snow I’ll sometimes set up outside (I don’t have neighbors to worry about). Hope this helps.
Congrats on the new baby!

I have two boys 7 and 8 months. I never evoked anything so being so inexperienced I would def not. Yea e.a. might banish and the dude below you but how long have these guys been doing this? What if you fuck something up, Also kids are super receptive. I would not tell anyone to not do anything but me personally I would not until I was advanced and knew how to combat shit if the time came. Congrats on your first child, It will be the best experience of your life!

[quote=“andreeje, post:2, topic:744”]When I used to do workings in the home my youngest (I have three) started complaining about bad dreams and occasionally saw things while awake. Cleansing and banishings seemed to fix that; I’ve also heard EA talk about putting up an energy barrier around your working room if you don’t want to do cleansings. I’ve since built a large shed on the backside of my property to get around the need to do either, or during the summer when there is no snow I’ll sometimes set up outside (I don’t have neighbors to worry about). Hope this helps.
Congrats on the new baby![/quote]

Thank you andreeje for taking the time to comment! So after doing banishing and cleansing, things seemed to clear up - that’s good to hear. I’m fairly confident in my banishing, using the Lesser Banishing Ritual of the Pentagram, but I’m curious as to what methods you used? I’m also very interested in what you said about E.A. setting up an energy boundary around my working space. Does anyone have any other information on this?

Ideally, it would make sense to have a shed put in out back eventually to do these workings as you did, just to be safe. But since I just purchased a house, I’m not in the financial arena to do so.

Anyhow, thanks again for the info and for the congrats on the baby. We’re very excited!

Thanks Jakob420. I totally get what you’re saying and believe me, the same thoughts have gone through my head over and over again, haha. I know that children are very receptive to energies, etc. so that’s precisely why I made this thread. I’m thinking that simpler but powerful magickal operations such as candle and sigil magick might be the most appropriate at this moment - and working on building up my divination and projection techniques as well.

However, I can’t see how an evocation of an archangel would provide many ill effects? Especially if they are called upon for health and protection. I certainly am not the type of person to jump deep into demonic king evocation or anything of that sort, I’ve always done heavy research with any endeavor I take.

Having said that, thanks for your opinion, man! I keep hearing it will be the best experience of my life, and at this point it just seems surreal that I’m going to be molding the mind of a new life that is part of me… pretty amazing.

Thanks again, guys.

I use an energy working I got from one of Jason Newcomb’s books, but it would be pretty much the same thing as invoking omnipotence, then at the point to where you have the energy built up, charge it with the intent of clearing your home and expand it outward until you can feel it covering the room. Heard EA in a radio interview (Coast to Coast or Truth Frequency, not sure) where you can also take that energy and charge a glass of water and sprinkle it throughout the house. As far as the barrier goes, I heard that on another radio interview, DK the Mage also talked about it when EA interviewed him last month, though I have never tried this.
If you want to build a shed in the future you should check out just-sheds.com, I found the building plans for mine in their free section, just had to modify the print a tad to make it bigger, only cost a couple hundred bucks in lumber.

Thanks for all the advice and thoughts, andreeje. I appreciate it greatly.