Magickal traditions for the holidays?

I had a nice thought of when I move out and get a christmas tree, I’ll decorate it with dark lights, hang demon sigils as ornaments and place a baphomet statue or inverted pentagram at the top of the tree. But aside from this, do you do anything magickal for the holidays or something involving your practice? Baking sigil cookies and making holiday treat offerings to spirits, just anything. I’m a very festive person and would love to know!

3 Likes

there’s no one tradition. no right or wrong. do whatever you want. but if you love holidays so much then it might not be a bad idea to celebrate certain moon phases. or look up the traditions of other cultures. or just make something up.

1 Like

I knew some Wiccans/Pagans…

Two couples and they both did the same thing which thoroughly pissed me off. Constant reminders that it’s Yule, oh how important etc. So I get them Yule gifts - gratefully received. Hear on the grapevine that they were bitching that they didn’t receive a Xmas gift from me!

Discuss…

I don’t want to celebrate anything, it’s foisted on me by family so I guess I have to celebrate my husband’s family celebrating Xmas and the tedious observation of the spoilt trust fund nieces unwrapping a mountain of gifts. Bah Humbug…

2 Likes

For me, Christmas has always been a secular holiday, so i have no problem celebrating it within my magical practice. When i’m with family, I open presents, have a feast, etc, but when i’m alone, like this year, it’s just another day for me. It doesn’t effect my practice in the least, but there is a certain energy in the air that one can take advantage of for rituals, especially those aimed at growth or abundance, as well as Ascension in general.

I’m in the middle of the angelic pathworking from EE which is specifically for Ascent so it will be interesting to see if the energy around this time will be a boost.

5 Likes

Now I know what I’m baking for Christmas!! :heart:

5 Likes

Arianna if your making a pavalova, using a hand better with the two prongs make shaw you switch it off at the wall, after finish whipping up the egg whites, you don’t want to end up like me, i use to be really excellent making pavalova until i forgot to turn off at the wall and i decided to run hand held beater under running tap water, trying to save time cleaning egg whites off device and i ended up 240 volt electric shock for about 30 sec, that was very painful i never been the same, i never made another pavalova ever again.:skull::ghost:

3 Likes

That’s awful! Timely reminder though I guess to everyone to be careful. What a sucky thing to happen.

We have a few traditions, like lighting a fire, might think of some more new ones to begin this year because there are changes in the air and it would be a good time to start.

I read that the author Freya Aswynn connected with the Runes by baking them, I can’t remember if it was into cookies or cake, and eating them, that’s something people could maybe do around Yule and the solstice.

It’s turned really cold now, I hope we get snow, ideally weeks of it that fucks everything up and leads to LOTS of total silence on the roads, I love that kind of thing! :smiling_imp:

It would probably bring the rat population down a bit as well, always a good thing in London.

This, please!! :thumbsup: :snowflake: :blue_heart:

2 Likes

Well i didn’t die, that awesome, must of been assention preventing me from died, i remember when i was young 8 years old my friend Scotty father got a 240 volt electric shock from a drill he had a heart attack and died, i receive a constant 240 volt electric shock for half a minute and no heart attack and didn’t die, that what assention did for me, but i wont try that again to test the thiery out.

2 Likes

I like to bake things so I probably will try the sigil cookies, or something like that. I think lighting of a new fire is good too. Last year it seems I did some work with Janis so maybe do that as well.

1 Like

I am prone to being a partier, so I have a Saturnalia/Solstice bash, minus the orgy in my living room (private one later, lol). Basically it involves a few people who I know will appreciate the experience. Essentially it is an ancient pagan excuse to get smashed, sing bawdy songs (I like a good sea shanty), tell stories and laugh, in recognition that death can come any time. It is in some ways both an acknowledgment and defiance of Saturn. It also leaves a lot of open area to add personal traditions to the mix.

2 Likes

I always try to be introspective and make an effort to show how much I appreciate all the energies and spirits I work with and everyone around me.

We tend to ask and demand so many things from spirits and don’t even try to give anything in return even though they don’t ask, we sometimes don’t even show gratitude for their works in our lives ( this isn’t everyone of course but some people are this way )

1 Like

The only thing I would add to your tree (and this is really just personal preference and sticking to the old ways). Add some shed snake skin. It was used as garlend by the fist Pagens. I think it would fit perfectly. You could also add some bones or other things with carved runes as well, if you like.

2 Likes