Magickal name!

Good day everyone, is there anyone here knows what to do on magickal name? I already have mine but i dont know how to use it, and whats the benefits of it. Thanks for those who will reply or comment.

3 Likes

Its used in some rituals to identify you to your order and guides. Some currents have specific entities they work with that are secret. Using your magical name in conjuction with their secret name allows access to them and their abilities.
Also it helps to differentiate between mundane Joe and magick Joe blackward protector of the 5th realm. Lol

10 Likes

You are funny Lucy, haha. True, but your magical name should not be known by others as it can give other practitioners easier access to you if they want to go blackwards on you, so keep it between you and all your deities and guides.

6 Likes

Magickal name ?

1 Like

Is that it? Like theres no benefits like on how to use it or do you gain powers with it?

And how do you use it in your ritual do you chant it or something?

Everyone does it differently. I used my magical name with every deity when I first introduced myself to that deity or dark god, and if I write out a spell, I put my magical name on it. It helped me establish a relationship with each.

3 Likes

The benefits will depend on the practitioner and how they use it. Like EA’s Archaelus (spelling escaping me). It’s become a sort of altar ego, a higher, God-like part of himself that he calls into ritual. It’s another way to act with the authority of your inner God-self.

It can act also like a trigger to help get the practitioner into a mindset conducive to workings more quickly, similar to conditioning experienced when stepping into an area only used for ritual.

4 Likes

I don’t mind sharing my name. Before deciding I tried hearing my “dark higher self” and asked him for a name. Tried finding out what that name meant in other languages and found a translation I liked, so I went with it.

Kien :slightly_smiling_face:

What do you guys pick up on when you focus on that name?

2 Likes

Check these posts out.

Coming up with your own magical name is very different from being given one by a deity or magical order. If you come up with your own, it can be used as @4648Cru and @anon39079500 explained. Otherwise, it’s not very “magical”. You have to build up its power over consistent use in ritual. When it does get powerful enough and closely associated to you, then it would not be wise to go posting that name on public mediums.

3 Likes

It still came from me, just my dark god self. I’m fine with the name and like it.

3 Likes

I agree. It’s not that it adds power just by a name, power comes through the secrecy of the name and through the secrecy of the ritual. It is like an alter ego, but you become the name you were given to the deities you work with. Like your " god" name.

3 Likes

Well i already have my godself’s name and the magickal name. I also have my godself’s sigil. The thing is i dont have a communication with godself. He only gives me messages in my dreams. Thats why i ask you guys on how to use this magical name. Thankyou so much on your comments… anyway do i need to chant my magickal name before the ritual or do you have an opening spiel on it so i can use it as an example? I dnt have any idea on how to use this magickal name

1 Like

@Encore19
Sweet! Now you just have to do the work.

@itschatte2229
It sounds like you should search this forum for rituals and spells and use them as inspiration. Once you decide on a method, then you can simply add your name to the ritual however you feel. For example, “I [magical name] ask that…”. It’s that simple. You can make it more complex and work with the name more in depth as you progress.

2 Likes

Oh its so simple… yea i do chaos magick too.
But calling entities hmm. How will i do that? Besides ive never tested calling entities. Can someone elaborate the steps on it? Like i dont have equipments as a witch

@itschatte2229
Yea, time to do some studying and searching. My honest advice would be to find a god or entity you feel drawn to and then work with them exclusively as you focus on basic meditations. Everything is meaningless if you can’t even meditate, don’t keep a dream journal, etc. Search for beginner magic stuff on this forum and be prepared to start doing some intense studying and practice!

2 Likes

Ah yea. Actually im always meditating and i already know how to use blank state. Like im using it to ask questions.

One way to use your Name is as a mantra when you meditate. If you are familiar with how Hindu mantras work, you can silently vibrate it on the inhalation, and then vibrate it out loud when you exhale. You can also just say it in your mind, rather than vibrating it.

4 Likes

I see. hankyou guys… your comments really helpful i really appreciate it :heart:

To add to that, it would also be helpful to visualize yourself as your most powerful self while doing this. Connect that name to your inner divinity, power. This would actually be a good starting meditation for you @itschatte2229 while you work on the basic meditations and studying. You can later add a throne, a palace, etc. That’s the beauty of magical practice: it grows as we grow.

1 Like