Magickal Friends with benfits or no

Hi,

This may be discussed elsewhere. If so, my apologies.

I’ve been into magick since May and things are progressing nicely. I don’t see living without it at this point.

Sooo…for you magickal folk out there. I was wondering does it work better for you to have partners that are also into magick or does it matter?

I think what you need is someone who can give you space, appreciate and respect that what you’re doing is important to you, even if they don’t entirely believe the same things, and anything beyond that is wonderful but those are the main things.

But I didn’t have much luck with love and relationships for ages, so I can’t really claim any great insight into what makes something work! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think it’s the same as people who share the same religion.

1 Like

Having friends or partner that is into magic would be the best choice. But good luck finding a partner that’s into magic…I couldn’t , they are rare as gold or taken already. As Lady eva said you need to have someone who respects you and leaves you alone with your stuff otherwise is really hard, you’re mocked or they argue, get into religious fights with you and so on if they are opposed to your beliefs.

2 Likes

I think we need a magicians only tinder ;). Hear that you people in BALG?

2 Likes

Lol!

Yea in south georgia there is no one into magick at least not open with it. So youd play hell finding someone. I just do the loner thing. Sad but true.

2 Likes

Bummer!!!

Bummer!!![/quote]
I know but the last guy wont even talk to me just bc he found out i do magick. :frowning:
So i dont set myself up for the heartbreak.
But i think if you could find a partner who does it it would wonderful!!

We’ll have to work on that! ; )

Boys tend to like chaos magick more than women (in my experience anyway), maybe learning just enough to join communities and ask intelligent questions about it (without making them feel intimidated) might work? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not a problem. Chaos magick appears to be my thing!!!

Thanks, Eva. : )

Here in N. GA/Chattanooga I haven’t come across many, but I have crossed paths with a few. The people I’ve come across are all wiccans to my knowledge, and they’ve all been women but I hear that there is a growing underground movement here…so who knows? There must be SOME men other than me. Even if there aren’t, you wouldn’t have nearly as much trouble finding someone who would still accept you.

So basically…if you feel the urge to move but don’t want to leave the south (we do have a few things going for us), Chattanooga has a growing culture and many open minded individuals - and the cost of living is much better than somewhere like Atlanta or New Orleans.

Sorry to hear about your last bf, many southerners are so willfully ignorant…it’s enough to drive you crazy some days!

Here in N. GA/Chattanooga I haven’t come across many, but I have crossed paths with a few. The people I’ve come across are all wiccans to my knowledge, and they’ve all been women but I hear that there is a growing underground movement here…so who knows? There must be SOME men other than me. Even if there aren’t, you wouldn’t have nearly as much trouble finding someone who would still accept you.

So basically…if you feel the urge to move but don’t want to leave the south (we do have a few things going for us), Chattanooga has a growing culture and many open minded individuals - and the cost of living is much better than somewhere like Atlanta or New Orleans.

Sorry to hear about your last bf, many southerners are so willfully ignorant…it’s enough to drive you crazy some days![/quote]
Thank you! That is interesting. But im not sure how id meet them. And you must be married lol cause i LOVE that…other than me part haha!! It either says im married or youll find love just not with me cause you a crazy bitch!! Haha!! Sorry anyway i needed a laugh ive had a rough few days. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol, I’m glad I could give you a much needed laugh! But there’s no need to be so hard on yourself, I didn’t intend any kind of rejection at all, kind of the opposite really! I just meant that I’m surely not the only the man into the occult here (and I’m a total newbie right now, I just did my first ritual 2 days ago), so you should actually have OPTIONS in Chattanooga.

But I didn’t mean it like it came off, haha. No, I’m not married, and you…uhh…don’t turn me off, or seem crazy or unappealing in any way. But I also didn’t want it come off like I was saying “Hey cute girl on the internet that I don’t know, why don’t you move up to the Chattanooga area and I’ll be your “magickal friend with benefits” even though you don’t me at all!” Know what I mean?

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time lately, though. :frowning: But don’t beat yourself up, we all have rough patches; it might be your fault or it might not, but however much you contributed, it happens to the very best of us - so it doesn’t mean you’re crazy or that there is anything wrong with you. I’m sure you’re a perfectly lovely person :slight_smile: Learn from it what you can and you’ll be even lovelier for it!

Lol, I’m glad I could give you a much needed laugh! But there’s no need to be so hard on yourself, I didn’t intend any kind of rejection at all, kind of the opposite really! I just meant that I’m surely not the only the man into the occult here (and I’m a total newbie right now, I just did my first ritual 2 days ago), so you should actually have OPTIONS in Chattanooga.

But I didn’t mean it like it came off, haha. No, I’m not married, and you…uhh…don’t turn me off, or seem crazy or unappealing in any way. But I also didn’t want it come off like I was saying “Hey cute girl on the internet that I don’t know, why don’t you move up to the Chattanooga area and I’ll be your “magickal friend with benefits” even though you don’t me at all!” Know what I mean?

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time lately, though. :frowning: But don’t beat yourself up, we all have rough patches; it might be your fault or it might not, but however much you contributed, it happens to the very best of us - so it doesn’t mean you’re crazy or that there is anything wrong with you. I’m sure you’re a perfectly lovely person :slight_smile: Learn from it what you can and you’ll be even lovelier for it![/quote]
Aww Thats so wow!! That is totally what I needed to hear after the day Ive had. Geesh! I think thats best thing Ive heard all day.
Chattanooga you say? Ill definitely have to keep an open mind about that! I appreciate your words very much!!
You have no idea how much I apreciate them.

1 Like

I’m sorry you’ve had a rough time lately, though. :frowning: But don’t beat yourself up, we all have rough patches; it might be your fault or it might not, but however much you contributed, it happens to the very best of us - so it doesn’t mean you’re crazy or that there is anything wrong with you. I’m sure you’re a perfectly lovely person :slight_smile: Learn from it what you can and you’ll be even lovelier for it![/quote]
Aww Thats so wow!! That is totally what I needed to hear after the day Ive had. Geesh! I think thats best thing Ive heard all day.
Chattanooga you say? Ill definitely have to keep an open mind about that! I appreciate your words very much!!
You have no idea how much I apreciate them.[/quote]
Also it doesnt matter at all how many rituals you have or havent done. Haha!! It just matters that you wont run away when you see a reverse pentagram or something.
We all had to start somewhere. Im by no means the expert. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m glad it made you feel better!

Yes you did! :slight_smile:

Yes you did! :)[/quote]

Ok, that’s weird. I had a good bit more than that typed and somehow it disappeared. So let me try to add in what got cut off:

…I know it’s a few days late but I hope your days have been better these days :wink:

So…how much experience DO you have? From some of your other posts I’ve read it seems that you’ve had a decent amount of success. Have you done much sigil gazing?